Welcome to Walden University
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
For more than 40 years, Walden University, an accredited institution, has helped working professionals reach their educational goals. Walden degree and certificate programs are designed to help students explore current market trends, gain relevant skills that can be applied immediately in the real world, and create positive social change in their lives and communities.
Students are taught by faculty members who are both scholars and practitioners, bringing academic perspective and practical experience into the online classroom.
Why Choose Walden?
- Options: Walden currently offers more than 80 degree programs, more than 370 specializations and concentrations, and more than 50 certificate programs, so you can find the program or area of study you need.
- Peer network: In the Walden community, which is made up of more than 127,600 students and alumni, you have a network of peers who can support you on your journey.
- Many perspectives: Walden’s diverse student body comes from all 50 U.S. states and more than 150 countries.
- Expert faculty: Walden’s more than 3,000 faculty members are experts in their fields who bring real-world experience to their courses.
- Student satisfaction: 91% of Walden graduates who responded to a 2013 Walden survey indicated being very satisfied or satisfied with their alma mater.*
*Source: www.WaldenU.edu/DATA, 2012–2013
Walden University's admission requirements vary by program and degree level. Walden enrollment advisors are available to help you with every step of the online application process, from deciding which program is right for you to applying for financial aid. Enrollment advisors can also explain Walden's transfer of credit policy for past educational experience.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Paying for your education can be a challenge, but Walden helps you identify the many funding options that are available to you, including scholarships, grants, and federal and private loans. You can also check with your employer to see if they offer tuition reimbursement for your courses. A Walden enrollment advisor can help you determine which funding options are available to you. Additionally, you can save time and money by transferring credits earned previously. Most Walden graduate programs allow you to transfer up to 50% of your required credits.
Supporting Your Success
Walden’s goal is to help you reach yours. From your first inquiry through every step of your studies, you can benefit from a wide range of student support services designed to help you succeed in your educational journey. Walden provides the following services to students:
Personal Advisors: Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
Technical Assistance: Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
Custom Support for Online Learners: Available anywhere with Internet access, Walden’s online library holds more than 64,000 full-text journals, more than 100 databases, and more than 3 million dissertations. A variety of services are tailored specifically to online doctoral students, including a faculty expertise directory and assistance with dissertation research and oral defenses.
Writing Center: Sharpen your writing skills with support from the Walden Writing Center, which offers resources and online tutoring by full-time professional editors and tutors.
Academic Residencies: Network with faculty, staff, and peers at in-person residencies, designed to give you additional research and writing support for your master’s- or doctoral-level study.
Career Services: Walden’s Career Services Center offers one-on-one counseling and an online portfolio of resources to assist you with critical tasks, such as résumé writing, job searching, and interview strategies.
Walden’s flexibility and support put your education within reach. You will benefit from a comprehensive online learning experience that includes:
- Convenient start dates throughout the year.
- Orientation that prepares you for success in an online environment.
- Ability to complete coursework when and where it is convenient for you.
- Access to courses and materials on your smartphone or tablet.
- Multimedia resources designed to augment student learning: videos, case studies, simulations, articles, journals, and discussion topics.
- A global online community of faculty, students, and alumni.
Walden courses focus on practical skills and strategies you can apply immediately in the workplace. You will be encouraged to use what you learn to consider innovative solutions to real-world problems, and many programs offer the opportunity to apply what you have learned through a practicum experience. Courses take into consideration current research and case studies to enhance critical thinking. Our online format encourages collaboration and discussion so you can learn from other professionals in your field.
Walden faculty members are focused on your success. Our expert faculty includes scholars, researchers, and distinguished leaders who are selected for their academic and industry credentials as well as for their teaching abilities. They act as mentors and advisors and foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
Here are the numbers: 86% of Walden faculty members hold at least one doctoral degree, and collectively they have received more than 900 awards for their professional achievements and outstanding contributions to their fields. The Walden faculty also includes 26 Fulbright Scholars or Specialists. They have a broad range of experiential and cultural backgrounds and excel at integrating their expertise into the classroom.
Walden University has more than 79,800 alumni across 135 countries around the world. Our alumni are supported by an active alumni association, which keeps graduates connected to students, faculty, and fellow alumni of the greater Walden community. Alumni participate in regional activities and remain engaged through the Alumni Ambassador Program, myWaldenAlumni–our alumni portal—and the university’s signature publication, Walden magazine, which highlights the achievements of our alumni twice a year.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org.
Walden is proud to have earned specialized accreditations from the following organizations:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Accreditation Center (GAC) for Project Management Education Programs
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
Accreditation validates that a university and its programs are of high quality and offer relevant content. Walden University’s accreditation means:
- The programs and courses are of high quality.
- Students who qualify have access to federal student aid.
- Credits earned are easier to transfer than credits earned at non-accredited institutions.
When evaluating credentials, employers and universities often look for applicants who earned a degree from an accredited university.
Find information on costs, occupation types, completion rates, and median loan debt for these programs at http://www.waldenu.edu/programdata.
This school offers programs in: