The mission of Emperor’s College of acupuncture is to help you become the healer you dream of being. We have a long and distinguished history of cultivating brilliant healers, teachers, and leaders in Oriental medicine who create the future of healthcare by word, deed, and through partnerships.
The use of the word brilliant conveys the intellectual and spiritual intent of our institution, as well as our expectations for our masters and doctoral graduates. It is a bold, audacious word, with connotations of light and enlightenment, reflecting the Taoist origins of the medicine, and conveying our vision of shining this medicine throughout the world.
Students will be:
- Knowledgeable in primary and secondary meridian pathways, point locations and their clinical applications, therapeutics, acupuncture, and moxibustion. Student will have knowledge of other adjunct techniques and be able to incorporate a variety of systems such as auricular, scalp, and extraordinary points.
- Knowledgeable in the historical traditions of herbal medicine and knowledgeable and familiar with the safe and appropriate usage of herbs and formulas, as well as how to educate patients on their appropriate preparation and usage.
- Knowledgeable in the diversity, theory, history and philosophy of Oriental Medicine, including tuina, tai chi and qi gong. Able to create effective and appropriate treatment plans based on OM diagnostic criteria.
- Knowledgeable in Western biomedical foundation and theories, skilled in basic physical assessment, and be able to recognize red flags and make appropriate referrals.
- Competent in the safe, ethical, and effective clinical practice of Oriental medicine, including the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in a variety of practice settings according to state and federal regulations.
Beliefs and Values
Emperor’s College is dedicated to providing a top quality Oriental medicine education to its students and leading the way for the integration of Oriental medicine in the modern healthcare system. To that end the master’s and doctoral degree programs focus on exposing students to the myriad of schools of thought within Oriental medicine, integrating eastern and western medical knowledge, fostering cohesive relationships within the totality of the medical community and developing the nurturing quality of the practitioner.
Emperor’s also holds a strong belief in supporting the local and global community. Free public lectures are hosted on a quarterly basis to increase awareness and benefits of Oriental medicine. Outreach events such as wellness fairs, community health events and graduate school fairs are attended annually and Emperor’s faculty and staff are regularly invited to present at a variety of corporate, university and professional functions. Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic serves over 15,000 patients each year and Emperor’s Library is a resource for students and public alike.
As an appreciation of nature is an integral component of the philosophy of Oriental medicine, a respect for its natural resources is a fundamental principle at Emperor’s College. Green values have guided a reduction in paper waste with most course materials, academic calendars and class schedules now available online. Blue bins are present throughout campus and recycled materials are used when possible.
1 Acupuncture and Oriental medicine school in Los Angeles, #1 in California, #2 nationally
This school offers programs in: