Mälardalen University (MDH) is situated in the densely populated and expansive region around Lake Mälaren, about one hour by train from Stockholm and Arlanda Airport. Most of the University's students are taking courses at one of its two centrally situated campuses in Eskilstuna and Västerås.
MDH conducts excellent research in Future Energy and the Embedded Systems specialisation and prominent research in Health and Welfare as well as the technological and engineering specializations in Innovation and Product Realisation.
The primary task of the established research areas of the Educational Sciences and Mathematics, Industrial Economics and Management along with Work Life Studies is to provide a research basis for each subject of study at first-cycle and second-cycle levels.
MDH is characterized by close partnerships with businesses and the public sector in the region, making our University attractive to students - and our students attractive on the labor market. About 80 % of our students have a job within one year from graduation.
MDH is environmentally certified and prioritizes sustainable community development in all its activities.
Why Study Here?
- The collaboration that you will benefit from Our education is characterized by high quality and close contact to research, between students, as well as between students and teachers. Mälardalen University is well known for our cooperation with the surrounding society and we know that our students are attractive in the labour market. More than 81 % of our students have an employment in their field of study within the first year after their graduation. Through high-quality education and cooperation with the public sector, companies and industry, we prepare you for work life. Our study programs are designed in cooperation with employers and are constantly evaluated by them – which helps to match our programs and courses with the demands of the professional world. Many multinational companies such as ABBand Volvo are situated close to both Eskilstuna and Västerås and our students benefit from this.
· An international atmosphere You will feel at home at Mälardalen University, and being here is more like being part of an international community than in a particular country. Mälardalen University has an international atmosphere, with students and staff from all over the world. We also have partner universities in some forty countries around the globe, and both students and staff have excellent opportunities to spend some time at one of these other seats of learning.
· Valuable support and activities The University offers a lot of study help to our students, among other things in the form of courses in study technique and communication. Towards the end of a study program, we also offer career counselling. The Student Union arranges plenty of social activities and offers valuable support, especially to our international students.
· Good accommodation We help our students to find a place to live, either in Eskilstuna or in Västerås. During the semesters, Monday - Friday, we also offer free bus travels between the cities, for both students and staff.
· Excellent facilities at your disposal The facilities are modern and features bright buildings that were built especially for the University. There are plenty of lecture halls and meeting places for students, but also nice courtyards and quiet study rooms. There are plenty of computer workstations that our students can use, plus access to a wireless network for laptop computers.
· High-quality teaching based on research That there is a strong link between our educations and our research is a matter of course to us. Our students gain good insights into the world of research and the latest findings.
· Education with a focus on employability As a student from Mälardalen University you will be attractive in the labour market. Through high-quality education and cooperation with the surrounding community, we prepare you for work life. Our study programs are designed in cooperation with employers and are constantly evaluated by them – which helps to match our programs and courses with the demands of the labour market. Our students stand in continual close contact with their peers, teachers, researchers, and future employers, and many of our educations feature practical elements. This can take the form of, for example, students writing their degree projects in conjunction with a company, or of the university inviting business representatives as guest lecturers.
· A closeness within the University International students often appreciate the fact that it’s easy to get in contact with the professors and that there is an informal atmosphere at MDH. Undergraduate students, doctoral students, and professors often meet in the context of different projects. We appreciate it when students participate actively in their education and therefore encourage you to make the most out of your time of the study.
This school offers programs in: