Welcome to UMF IASI - Mission, Vision, Goals
One of the oldest establishments of higher education in our country, UMF Iasi was founded in 1879 as the College of Medicine. It was later associated with two institutions that complement medical training area - Faculty of Pharmacy and Faculty of Dentistry. In 1991, the institute was conferred university status, receiving the name of the famous representative of the School of Functional Iasi, Grigore. T. Popa. Later it includes Faculty of Medical Bioengineering, the only of its kind in Romania.
Today, UMF Iasi boasts a valuable teaching staff and a modernized material and technical base, and carries adequate educational process and scientific research activity.
Established with the University of Iasi, the Faculty of Medicine's work begins on 1 December 1879 the Government due to the presence of M. Kogalniceanu and N. Kretzulescu and medical staff shortages after the war of independence in 1877. Over time, great personalities have marked the work of the University of Medicine: Grigore T. Popa, Leon Scully, Petru Poni, CI Parhon, Aristide Perid Ion Ciure Louis Russ, Ernest Juvara, Criminal Procedure, Leon N., V. Sion, Fr. Reiner E. Riegler, Al. Slatineanu I. Tanasescu, A. Tupa, V. Rascanu L. Baliff, J. Nitulescu O. Franche, Vl. Butureanu, P. Vancea and others.
UMF Iasi has fundamental roles in training and development graduates and professionals in medicine, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, bioengineering and health assistance, creation, treasuring and disseminating the values sciences bio - medical and their affirmation in the European and global continuous improvement activities and national public health system performance, cultivating free thought and democracy tradition of academic ethics and bioethics, in the spirit of recognizing rights and fundamental freedoms and the rule of law;
UMF Iasi fulfills this mission through the following objectives:
- training of specialists with superior performance against national and international level
- updating and continuous improvement of specialists training through various forms of postgraduate education;
- quality management of educational services for initial and continuous training provided by the university;
- optimizing the scientific research fundamental and applied for raising quality, increase competitiveness and performance affirmation medical school in Iasi and continuous improvement of care;
- promoting international cooperation and integration in the European system of medical education by setting standards for the structure, quality and efficiency;
- promoting ethics and bioethics, defending the values of democracy, respect for fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual in the rule of law;
- ensuring adequate materials to all these activities, as well as some living and working conditions suitable for all members of the academic community.
Integration into the landscape international medical universities and increasing the visibility of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Grigore T. Popa" external mission is the Vice International Relations and Academic Partnerships. It aims to develop perspective and quality in the international activity of the university through dissemination of information on international trade by promoting university image abroad, supporting and advising students and teachers beneficiaries of programs of international exchange, the formation and expansion of an international vision among students and academic staff.
This school offers programs in: