Master of Science in Digital Health Informatics University of San Francisco - School of Nursing and Health Professions
The MS in Digital Health Informatics (formerly known as the MS Health Informatics) program prepares you for a career in the dynamic world of digital healthcare, encompassing mobile health (mHealth), digital therapeutics, telehealth, and application of advanced analytics to healthcare.
- Our program now includes courses that develop student skills in conceptualizing and designing digital health solutions; health care solutions assessment and fundraising; programming and biomedical data analysis and visualization; machine learning; nonlinear signal analysis; and advanced statistical methods.
- We offer domain-specific courses in consumer informatics and global health, which attracts professionals in leadership positions within the healthcare ecosystem and thereby creates an interprofessional environment.
- All students interact in core courses that cover the complexities of health data ontologies, security and privacy of health data, clinical decision support systems, electronic medical records (EMRs), interoperability, and user-centered design (UCD).
- Opportunities for digital health entrepreneurship incubation are also offered within the healthcare ecosystem in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Our graduates have an impressive aggregate job placement rate of 95% and have found exciting and challenging opportunities in large hospitals, medical centers research institutions, startups, government health agencies, and global health organizations.
Health Informatics uses mathematical, scientific, technological, heuristic, and cognitive methods for modeling and solving complex and heterogeneous problems. In the program, you'll develop an understanding of the ways in which information (meaningful data) is converted into knowledge (justified belief) and be able to develop theories that further biomedical research and improve healthcare delivery systems.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.