PG Cert Nursing
University of Essex Online
GBP 4,056 *
Earliest start date
* for UK students | £4,143 for international students
Are you keen to take your nursing career to a higher level? This 100% online and part-time short course is designed for practising nurses who want to continue their professional development.
This online PG Cert Nursing will introduce you to modern healthcare principles as well as management and leadership styles. You will also gain an understanding of the importance of evidence-based decision-making and consistent approaches to patient care. Upon completion of your studies, you will have the opportunity to advance onto our PG Dip or Masters programme.
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for the end of year assessments
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the virtual learning environment (VLE)
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to travel to external test centres or to sit exams! Instead, you will submit assignments through the VLE, such as written reports, discussion forum participation or reflective journal entries.
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
Why Essex Online?
Study online. Graduate on campus.
You will complete your studies and assessments 100% online and your qualification will be awarded by the University of Essex, an award-winning university with a 50-year heritage of teaching and research excellence and one of the top 25 universities in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022). Upon completing your course, you will graduate with the same certificate as campus-based students – your mode of study is only mentioned on your academic transcript.
Quality assured experience
The UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework rated us Gold for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for students (TEF 2018). We are also the highest-rated online-only provider in the National Student Survey (NSS 2020).
We stand behind the academic quality of our online courses and that’s why we offer a money-back guarantee. If you decide your course isn’t for you within 21 days, we’ll give you a full refund.*
*Terms and Conditions apply. To find out more please contact our Admissions team.
World-class academic and mentoring support
Our online tutors are leading authorities and specialists in their respective fields. They are passionate about what they teach and combine their knowledge of industry practice with high-quality academic delivery, offering you an unparalleled learning experience.
We also have a dedicated team of Student Advisers and Study Skills Advisers that will support you from your first day to graduation. They will be on hand to help and guide you as you progress through your studies. Whatever the question or issue, they will work with you to find a solution.
This PG Cert Nursing will help you to progress from wholly clinical roles to middle and senior management positions within nursing. Potential job titles may include Ward Manager, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Senior Staff Nurse or Nursing Officer. On successful completion of this course, you will also be able to progress onto our PG Dip or MSc Nursing programmes.
You can study the following modules on the PG Cert Nursing:
- Professional Practice Portfolio
- Evidence-based Decision Making in Practice
- Healthcare Management: Principles and Practices
- Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in the Management of Disease
- Health Promotion
- Healthcare Leadership in Practice
- Diabetes: Prevention, Care and Management
- Principles and Practices of Pain Management
- Meeting the Needs of Vulnerable Patients
- Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 5% if you pay upfront.
- Regional scholarship available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
- Alumni discount of 10% of the tuition fee available if you are a previous graduate with the University of Essex or University of Essex Online.
- 10% corporate discount available when three or more of your employees study with us.
Please note, a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. The corporate discount can only be used in combination with our upfront payment discount, but not in conjunction with any other discount or scholarship. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships.