Master's Degree in Health, Women and Care Universidad de Murcia
This "Master in Health, Women and Care" is presented with a research academic profile "Specialist in Health and Women", which will analyze situations of inequality in health, prepare reports, establish significant scientific criteria for women's health in the field socio-sanitary and will carry out scientific research in the sanitary context.
The role of the health professions has become increasingly complex in recent times because with a more comprehensive conception of health than in previous times, their interventions are aimed at increasing the quality of life, so that in their actions resources intermingle " purely clinical "and technological with others more psychological and social.
The incorporation of women's health in health care requires starting from a theoretical framework that explains the disease-related health process, not only with biology, but also with the social context, taking into account vulnerability factors in women such as They are family burdens, overload in the informal caregiver, dependency, abuse, isolation, double work, the accumulation of roles and all those socially assigned factors.
These situations, which are so evident, need to design master's studies with both a scientific and a professional nature that provide answers to these demands derived from this approach to health and women.
Professionals with a Master's degree in Health, Women and Care will be able to carry out their professional activity with a new orientation, either in the areas of Primary Care, Hospital, in the design of health policies aimed at women, or in the pre-university and university education. They will be specially prepared for the analysis of situations of inequalities in health and disease, preparation of reports, establishment of scientific criteria applied to the socio-sanitary field and conducting scientific research with a gender focus. This option will provide the necessary human resources for the development of research in women's health, in compliance with current legislation.
The novelty of the Master in Health, Women and Care from the Health Sciences is absolutely pioneering both in our country and in Europe. Certainly other universities have launched Master's and university specialist studies in different areas, and all of them are characterized by a marked multidisciplinary content. In its entirety, student access is open to any branch of knowledge and degree, and they do not offer an orientation like that of the title proposed here.
American universities, but specifically Schools of Nursing, have been the forerunners in the development of this degree. More than fifty universities offer this training as a specialist and, for the most part, you can access the Doctorate. What in the United States is a specialty, does not contradict the Matrona specialty and, among others, they are trained to perform physical exams, advise on health and well-being, provide contraceptive care, make detections of sexually transmitted diseases, provide care during climacteric and menopause and deal with all health conditions that affect women.
|Teaching center:||Faculty of Nursing|
|Type of teaching:||Face-to-face|
|Title:||Master's Degree in Health, Women and Care|
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:||National / International|
|Price per credit:|
The attractiveness of the master's degree could be justified by the sophistication of the financial markets, the growing importance of the credit markets, the constant processes of innovation in financial products, factors that, among others, highlight the importance of solid training in financial matters. National Cancer Institute / Unsplash
The Title aims to:
- Train specialists in health sciences and health professionals to analyze situations of health inequality, in addition to designing and applying health strategies aimed at women.
- Prepare students to analyze situations of health inequality, prepare reports, establish significant scientific criteria for women's health in the socio-health field, and carry out scientific research in the health context.
- Provide knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a new research context.
- Apply the knowledge acquired and its ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within the wider (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the area of study.
- Integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Communicate their conclusions and the latest knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Establish the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will have to be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Determine the risk and actively promote the well-being and safety of women in their normal environment.
- Identify the changes produced by women in the health field throughout history.
- Assess the degree of participation of women in the social and health fields.
- Describe the role of women in the culture of informal care.
- Identify measures to reconcile personal and family life
- Respond to the personal needs of women during the life cycle and to health experiences (adolescence, climacteric, old age, disability, death process).
- Use data and laws to apply health equality policies.
- Contrast and adequately distinguish the perspective of women's health and act to prevent situations of abuse.
- Estimate the legal aspects related to professional activity.
- Select indicators related to assaults against women, such as abuse and rape.
- Detect situations in which the mistreatment of women is not visible.
- Intervene in situations of violence, as well as evaluate the results of the alternatives applied for their resolution.
- Apply research methodologies and use tools such as scientific evidence, new technologies and quality management programs.
- Recognize the invisible obstacles related to health organization and the use of time, space and language.
- Know the various documentary sources and contributions on women's health.
Students will be able to access the "University Master's Degree in Health, Women and Care" while being in possession of official degrees whose most suitable profile will be the Nursing Degree and the rest of degrees related to Health Sciences.
Graduates will be particularly prepared to detect situations of ill-treatment in the socio-health context, so that they will be able to quickly implement the appropriate intervention measures. In addition, they will be specially trained to analyze situations of inequalities in health and disease, prepare reports, establish scientific criteria applied to the socio-sanitary field and carry out scientific research with a gender perspective.