MSc in Healthcare Management Unicaf University (ZM)
During this course, students will be able to study basic principles within the Healthcare sector and acquire significant skills and knowledge in order to become successful as well as run managerial positions in the health sector.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organisations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Aims of the Programme
The course aims to:
- Produce skilled executives in Administration and Health Economics. Specifically, it covers a wide range of knowledge and skills that are now considered necessary by health professionals to address current problems of administration and finance, both in design and planning and management of health services.
- The programme provides expertise and technical skills and enhances the analysis of strategies, measures and actions aimed at developing the health sector within the broader context of social policy.
- The programme has an interdisciplinary basis, focusing on Management and Health Economics (hospital administration, human resources, total quality management, financing and planning of health services, economic evaluation), but also negotiation and basic subjects in the fields of Public Health of Epidemiology, Sociology of Health and Sanitary Engineering.
Objectives of the Programme
- Provide all the necessary skills to the graduates in order to become successful health care professionals and be able to function efficiently within the health sector.
- The programme also enables students to become technically aware of issues regarding healthcare and enriches their ability to analyse strategies and decisions made when developing healthcare units and their social policy.
- Students will be also able to develop skills in the management of health care units as well as the administration of such units to function successfully in managerial positions within the Healthcare sector.
Scholarships and Funding
Unicaf considers candidates for a scholarship based on:
- Academic qualifications:
Candidates should meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study.
- Financial ability:
Candidates should be in a position to pay a portion of the fees after the application for the Scholarship.
- Country of residence:
Different scholarships apply depending on the country of residence of the student.
How it Works
First Complete the Application Form
This is part of the registration process and is not a commitment from your side.
After you submit the application form, a Student Adviser will contact you and discuss:
- Your qualifications for the course.
- The details about the degree.
- The eligibility criteria.
- If you want to study only online or at one of the Unicaf University campuses.
- The documentation that you will need to provide for your administration.
- The level of scholarship you are eligible for.
- Possible payment plan that suits your budget.
Your Papers get Reviewed
Once you have agreed with the Student Adviser that you would like to proceed and submitted all the paperwork, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Officer to determine if your academic qualifications meet the minimum criteria and the Scholarship Committee.
Receive Final Approval & Start Studying
Finally, you will be contacted with the decision of the Admissions Officer and the Scholarship Committee. Students that study online, can also take advantage of our Learning Centres that are located at several locations worldwide.
For the ones that commence their studies, the Unicaf team will continue to be at your side every step of the way.
- UU-Msc-IND100-ZM Induction Module
- UU-FNT-203-ZM Introduction to Master Degree
Core requirements (required modules)
- UU-MHM-530-ZM Introduction to Management Health Services and Human Resources in Health Organizations
- UU-MHM-550-ZM Operational Management and Marketing in Health Organizations
- UU-MHM-595-ZM Dissertation
- UU-MHM-510-ZM Health Quality Management
- UU-MHM-520-ZM Health Systems and Evaluation of Health Systems, Services and Public Health Programmes
- UU-MHM-540-ZM Epidemiology and Public Health
- UU-MHM-570-ZM Research Methodology
- UU-MHM-580-ZM Health Information Systems
- UU-MHM-590-ZM Social and Behavioural Aspects of Health Management - Health Law and Ethical Issues