Medical Assisting: Medical Biller/Receptionist Skills Certificate
Full time, Part time
USD 131 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* resident; USD 188 per credit hour - non-resident; USD 265 per credit hour - out-of-state and international
The medical biller/receptionist certificate prepares the student to answer telephones, route calls, greet visitors, respond to inquiries from the public, perform medical insurance billing and provide information about the healthcare facility. Job opportunities are in medical offices, hospitals, clinics, health-related facilities, urgent care centers, and surgical centers.
Students who satisfactorily complete the program requirements qualify for a certificate of program completion. All program-required courses must have been completed with a grade of 2.0 or better.
Sample Schedule of Courses
- CIS 120 - Software Applications Credits: 3
- HIT 104 - Medical Terminology Credits: 4 *
- MA 134 - Medical Insurance Coding Credits: 3 *
Total Credits: 10
- MA 155 - Medical Insurance Billing Credits: 3 *
- MA 140 - Medical Office Procedures Credits: 3 *
Total Credits: 6
Program Total: 16 Credits
*Courses apply to the Medical Assisting Program.
Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should work with an academic advisor to develop a schedule that will work for them. Students planning to transfer should check the transfer institution’s requirements/guides or discuss their options with an academic advisor. The number of credits may vary depending on the course selection.