Practical Nurse Diploma
CAD 5,317 *
Earliest start date
* total tuition & mandatory fees for year for domestic students: $5,317.18 / total tuition & mandatory fees for year for international students: $15,345.11
Get career ready at one of these three fantastic campuses: Cold Lake, Lac La Biche, or St. Paul.
Our program emphasizes collaboration, health promotion, and family-centered nursing. You'll be equipped with the skills and knowledge required to work in a wide variety of healthcare settings, both rural and urban. Our enthusiastic, experienced instructors focus on building your competency in nursing practice through imaginative, innovative classroom and lab experiences. As a graduate, you'll be eligible to write the national licensing examination administered through the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
This two-year diploma program is delivered in two formats: onsite and blended delivery. Returning second-year students will be on-site as much as possible to take part in labs. First-year students will take theory classes online and will be on-site in the fall semester.
The application deadline is July 15; however, late applications will be considered if seats remain available.
Because this program is in such high demand, you may wish to begin your studies part-time by taking university courses in the meantime.
Year One Course Listing
- Anatomy I
- Communications For Health Professionals
- Health Assessment
- Personal Health & Wellness
- Introductory Composition
- Introductory Psychology
- Nursing Foundations 1: Introduction To Nursing
- Nursing Foundations 2: Basic Nursing
- Nursing Practice I: Continuing Care Practicum
- Pharmacotherapeutics For Health Professionals
- Physiology I
- Physiology II
Year Two Course Listing
- Nursing Practice 2: Acute Care Practicum
- Sociology Of Aging
- Nursing Foundations 3: Medical Surgical Nursing
- Nursing Foundations Iv: Maternity
- Nursing Foundations V: Pediatrics
- Nursing Foundations Vi: Community Nursing
- Nursing Foundations Vii: Mental Health
- Transition To Professional Practice
- Nursing Practice 3: Acute Care Practicum
- Nursing Practice Final Comprehensive Practicum
Graduates will be eligible for jobs in acute care hospitals, continuing care centers, community care settings, client homes, or doctor's offices. Practical nurses earn approximately $26.45 to $34.63 per hour.