Master of Arts in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling Our Lady of the Lake University Online
Gain a mastery of the skills needed to take your career to the next level with Our Lady of the Lake University's online Master of Arts in Counseling. The program features a curriculum aligned with the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) Standards and offers three career-specific specializations:
- School Counseling
Help students of all ages get the most out of their education by assessing and finding solutions to common behavioral and learning problems, promoting psychological health, and implementing effective career development planning. Total credit hours: 48
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Help clients of all ages and cultures overcome their emotional health challenges as a clinical mental health counselor in private practice, inpatient or outpatient agencies, government, and non-government facilities, or community organizations. Total credit hours: 60
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
Improve the lives of vulnerable populations such as the elderly, veterans, those suffering from chronic illness and disability, and recovering addicts, and help connect them to new job opportunities and improve their vocational skills. Total credit hours: 60
Prepare for Certification
- Our School Counseling specialization prepares you to apply for the Texas School Counseling certification as well as school counseling certifications in many other states.*
- The Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling specializations prepare you to apply as an LPC intern and provide the required 60 credit hours of training and education.*
- The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling specialization also prepares you to apply to become a Certified Rehabilitative Counselor (CRC).
If you have questions about potential certifications or licensures, complete the form on this page to request more information.
Founded in 1895, Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep tradition of service to underserved and disadvantaged populations. The university is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
If you would like to learn more about Our Lady of the Lake University's online MA in Counseling program, complete the form to request more information.
*Students outside of Texas are responsible for knowing their specific state requirements for certification and/or LPC licensure.
Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.