Pharmacy Assistant and Technician (Free Online Course With Certificate)
Alison Free Online Learning
1 - 3 hour
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free online course
This course will provide you with the necessary knowledge and training to work as a pharmacy assistant or technician. We'll teach you about the responsibilities of a pharmacy assistant, such as handling prescriptions, stock and inventory management and other pharmacy technician duties such as operating safe medications optimisation systems. Learn about pharmacy standard operating procedures and risk assessment methods.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
Pharmacy assistants are essential in aiding patients in getting the medicines they need while providing exceptional customer service to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Are you interested in working as a pharmacy assistant or technician? Look no further! This course will provide you with the required capacity and training to operate as a pharmacy technician or assistant. We begin with an overview of an assistant's duties before delving into a pharmacy technician's responsibilities, including using safe medicines optimisation processes to ensure the safe and logical administration of pharmaceuticals for therapy.
Learn important medical terms that help you identify symptoms and diagnose and treat patients. Next, you will learn how to improve pharmacy communications, self-care and self-medication. To promote patient welfare, we research prescription and dispensing ethics. Next, you will learn about stock management, which involves managing stock procurement to meet requirements and inventory management. Finally, you'll discover standard operating procedures that enable audits and aid in staff training and growth.
From prescribing and dispensing pharmaceuticals to maintaining stockpiles and identifying risks, pharmacy assistants and technicians are indispensable in the healthcare industry. We've included compelling pharmacological information to assist you in identifying pharmaceuticals that can be taken with other medication in the event of adverse effects or altered potency and doing effective health, safety and risk evaluation. Don't delay! Get started with this course right away!
Roles of Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians
This module depicts the job roles of pharmacy assistant and technician. You will learn how to prescribe and minimise dispensing errors in pharmacies and the process of managing stock and inventory management. Also, get acquainted with the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and risk assessment methods.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Discuss the roles of pharmacies in the health industry
- State the duties and responsibilities of a pharmacy
- Explain the working principles of the Accuracy-Checking Pharmacy Technician programme (ACPT)
- Indicate the principles of the code of ethics
- Identify various prescription abbreviations used in pharmacies
- Distinguish between stock management and inventory management
- Recognise the terminologies used in pharmacies
- Outline the difference between stock management and inventory management
- List the functions of an invoice
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Pharmacy Technician