Nursing Studies - The Physical Examination (Free Online Course With Certificate)
Alison Free Online Learning
1 - 3 hour
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free online course
This free online Nursing Studies course will teach you how to carry out the most important functions and roles of a modern nurse. You will be shown how the nursing profession can best support both the patient and the physician during physical examinations and measurements of patient vital signs, and you will also gain an overview of the main duties of modern nurses. This will help you to boost your existing nursing skills in no time at all.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This free nursing course begins by giving an overview of a systematic approach to conducting an effective physical examination. You will first learn the function of the physical examination, the role of the nurse during the examination, and the positioning of the patient. Next, you will study throat cultures and the main types of specimen collection, including the principles, procedures, supplies, and equipment used. You will then learn how testing determines the health condition of vital internal organs and body components.
Next, you will cover the topic of cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary systems as well as the musculoskeletal and integumentary systems. You will learn how to measure a patient's vital signs, temperature, pulse, and respiration rate. You will also learn how to effectively interview your patient to gather subjective and objective medical data. Finally, you will study blood pressure and its physiological impact, and you will learn how to identify anatomical sites where blood pressure may be taken.
This free nursing course will be of great interest to all healthcare professionals who would like to learn more about advanced practices in nursing and will enable them to refresh their understanding of the procedures in the physical examination, specimen collection, and measurement of patient vital signs. It will also be valuable to learners who are interested in starting a career in nursing. Check out the course today, and get on your way to a fulfilling nursing career.
The Physical Examination
This module will teach you about the systematic approach to conducting an effective physical examination. It also discusses the vital role of the nursing professional in preparing and supporting the patient.
This module will teach you about specimen collection and testing, as well as discuss its role in determining the function of vital internal organs and body components.
The Physical Assessment
This module will introduce you to the function and components assessed, as well as the observations made, during a physical exam.
Measuring Vital Signs
This module lays out how a patient's vital signs are measured through weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Discuss the purpose of performing a physical examination
- Discuss the factors to consider when working with diverse patient groups i.e. older patients and Infants
- Discuss the principles, procedures, supplies, and equipment used to obtain different sample types
- Discuss the reasons for obtaining a blood culture and the supplies and equipment required
- Identify the basic techniques used in performing a physical assessment
- Discuss how to effectively interview your patient to gather subjective and objective medical data
- Discuss types of Blood Pressure and their Physiologically impact
- Identify anatomical sites where the blood pressure may be taken
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Nursing Educator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Head Nurse
- ER Nurse
- School Nurse (Registered Professional)
- Travel Nurse
- Labour and Delivery Nurse
- Cosmetic Nurse
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nursing Associate
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Endoscopy Nurse
- Infant Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Surgical Nurse
- Home Health Nurse