Mental Health Studies - Understanding Behaviour, Burnout and Depression (Free Online Course With Certificate)
Alison Free Online Learning
1 - 3 hour
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free online course
This free online Mental Health Studies course from Alison clearly discusses behaviour, burnout, and depression, allowing you to recognize them. A lot of people experience trauma in their lives, and while some can cope with negative situations, others may not manage them so well. With this free course, you will become much more ready to help people deal with the effects of serious mental health problems.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course will first look into behaviour and cultural differences as well as how society defines behavioural norms. You will study the defence mechanisms used by people in everyday interactions and learn how rationalization can reduce stress. The course will discuss the different types of personality disorders such as schizoid personality, explosive personality, and obsessive-compulsive personality to name a few. You will also look into psychotherapy as a therapeutic intervention for these personality disorders.
You will then study the two major types of depression and look into the symptoms of severe depression. The course will discuss the signs to look out for as well as how to manage the disorder. Next, you will cover the topic of burnout and study its signs and symptoms. You will learn the causes of burnout and the techniques for its prevention. Finally, you will study the types of medications for the treatment of depression.
The modern world has created many challenges that adversely impact our health and wellness in our daily personal and professional lives. As a result, personality disorders, phobia, and neurotic behaviour sometimes get the better of some people. These disorders can be alleviated, with the right knowledge. So, learn more about mental health by taking this course, and help yourself or a loved one enjoy more balanced mental well-being.
Mental Health Studies - Behavior
This module will teach you about how society can define behavioural norms. You will learn about behaviour and cultural differences as well as defence mechanisms used in everyday interactions. You will learn how rationalization can reduce stress and gain in-depth knowledge about schizophrenia.
Mental Health Studies - Burnout and Depression
This module will teach you about the two major types of depression. You will learn the symptoms of severe depression and the signs to look out for. You will also gain insight into managing depression. This module will also inform you about what causes burnout and will teach you the techniques to prevent burnout.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Define normal behaviour
- Identify the characteristics of normal behaviour and defence mechanisms
- Describe the range of neurotic and psychotic behavioural tendencies
- Identify therapeutic and drug interventions to treat abnormal behaviours
- Discuss the causes, signs and symptoms of burnout
- Identify types and classifications of depression
- State the causes, signs and symptoms of depression
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Mental Health Counselor
- Mental Health Technician
- Psychiatric Technician
- Behaviour Analyst
- Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Behaviour Specialist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Clinical Psychologist
- High School Counselor
- Crisis Counsellor
- Crisis Line Counsellor
- Art Therapist
- Life Coach
- Guidance Counselor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Occupational Therapist