Introduction to Public Health (Free Online Course With Certificate)
Alison Free Online Learning
3 - 4 hours
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free online course
This course will explore the history, functions and science of public health. First, we will examine the role of government in public health, including its significant branches such as population and informatics. Next, we will discuss the meaningful epidemiologic functions, the measurement of disease incidence and the study of disease outbreaks. In addition, we will learn about public health ethics and human rights.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 3-4 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
In this course, ‘Introduction to Public Health’, we will learn the basic concept of public health and its related areas. Then, we will discuss how public health interventions can help us implement effective strategies and healthy lifestyles for society, organisations and individuals. Do you want to know how public health principles relate to key areas such as population and informatics? First, we will discuss all of this in detail. Next, we will explore why we need to understand the epidemiology and its benefits clearly. In addition, we will analyse the concept of public health and preventive medicine.
This course will illustrate how public health controls infectious diseases and protects the public. You will learn to measure the incidence of disease, how to investigate an outbreak and the extent of infection. We will examine the area of public health that deals with health issues that affect women, children and families. Wondering what the public health needs assessment and national public health policy are? We will learn the implications of these policies for practice and the national public health service framework and partnership. In addition, we will look at various environmental issues that can affect people's health and well-being. We will research communicable disease control and public health measures. We will explore topics such as chemical waste, air pollution, climate change and lack of access to health care. We will investigate how an epidemic disease occurs.
The course will then describe the science of global warming and the UK’s National Green Energy Plan. Want to know about the role of public health ethics and the relationship between human rights and public health? We will look at the ethics of vaccination and epidemiology. We will also scrutinise the role of government in promoting public health ethics. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of public health and its functions. So why wait? Start learning today.
Fundamentals of Public Health
In this module, we will learn about public health interventions that can help us implement effective strategies and healthy lifestyles for society, organizations, and individuals. Next, we will look at the principles of public health and its major branches such as population and informatics. We will also learn about epidemiology and its benefits.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Discuss how public health interventions can help us implement effective policies and healthy lifestyles
- Summarise how we can gain insight into public health goals
- Describe why we must have a clear understanding of epidemiology and its benefits
- Explain how public health controls infectious diseases and protects the general population
- Discuss the public health implications and epidemic patterns
- Outline the process of infant and maternal mortality prevention including the concept of infant mortality rates
- Explain what the public health needs assessment and national public health policy are
- Summarise the various environmental issues that can affect human health and wellbeing
- Discuss the ethics in epidemiology and vaccination and the role of government in promoting ethics in public health
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Health Educator
- Public Health Educator
- Community Health Worker
- Health Promotion Specialist