A Comprehensive Guide to Medical Coding (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online course will teach you how to analyse medical records, document them and assign codes to diagnoses.
Clinical coding is the process of converting vital medical information into standard alphanumeric codes to accurately document medical records and bill patients. This course covers the basics of clinical coding. You'll learn about clinical records types, the key roles of clinical coding, factors that cause coding errors and more. You'll get a thorough understanding of ICD-10 coding, its concepts and its importance in health care.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Define clinical coding and the types of clinical coding
- Distinguish between billing and coding
- Explain key roles in medical coding as well as the factors that cause coding errors
- Identify the importance and principles of clinical records
- Describe some useful medical terms that are essential for medical coders and billers to know
- List the general coding standards that are used for ICD-10
- Recognise some infectious and parasitic diseases and their codes
- State the abnormalities, conditions, injuries, signs and symptoms of different systems and the codes that are used for these diseases