The WSQ Graduate Diploma incorporates an in-depth analysis of Research Method and further exploration of the governance of clinical research.
About Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ)
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credentialing system. It trains, develops, assesses and recognizes individuals for the key competencies that companies look for in potential employees.
WSQ is based on national standards developed by WDA in collaboration with various industries comprising industry sectoral frameworks which serve to:
- Professionalise the industry, particularly where recognition of Continuing Education and Training (CET) qualifications are lacking
- Improve labor mobility allowing companies in growing industries to easily recruit workers with the necessary skills whilst improving opportunities for workers to enter these industries.
The WSQ system is designed to be a practical, accessible and affordable launching pad for individuals to take charge of their own careers and advancement. It is also a powerful business tool for employers to access and maintain a skilled workforce as it enhances their competitive edge and advancing their businesses.
For local students: 4 months. (Part-time)
(3-hour lesson/day, 1 day/week)
There are a total of 7 modules on WSQ Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research.
Course Learning Objectives
This graduate diploma focuses on Research Method and Clinical Governance pertinent to the CRA role and requires the trainee to demonstrate that they are competent to:
- Apply privacy legislation and data protection in clinical trials
- Manage insurance and indemnification
- Manage pharmacovigilance activities
- Select appropriate research design for clinical trials
- Formulate research problems into the empirically testable hypothesis
- Use medical statistics in clinical trial management
- Evaluate published research reports and apply to clinical practice
The Practice module is delivered face-to-face over alternate weeks and then one day for assessment. This Diploma also compromises online study and required to meet the minimum number of hours.
Assessments/Exams are conducted after every module.
Examinations, practicals, projects, assignments.
Graduation Requirements and Awards
To graduate, a student must complete and pass a total of 7 modules to be awarded the WSQ Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research.
Competency Assessment: Achievement of Statement of Attainment (SOA) after completion of every module.
- Clinical data analyst
- Clinical research associate
- Clinical team manager
- Laboratory scientist
- Project manager
- Quality assurance auditor
- Research fellow
- Bachelor or equivalent in Life Sciences or relevant fields.
- If you do not possess a degree or equivalent, your application will be considered on an individual basis dependent upon sufficient relevant work experience.
- At least a C6 at GCE O/A Level English or equivalent or Academic IELTS 6.0 or equivalent; no element lower than 5.5 or equivalent
Application Fee (Non-Refundable and non-transferrable)
Local student: S$50 (before GST)*
*Local student refers to Singaporeans/PRs/Employment Pass/Dependant pass holders
Local students: S$12,000 (before GST)
- Fee Protection Scheme***: Subject to prevailing market rate
- Medical Insurance Fee****: Subject to prevailing market rate
***The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ paid fees.
****It is compulsory for all local and international students to purchase medical insurance which is valid throughout their course of studies with the CSM Academy International. Local students (Singaporeans, PRs & Non-student’s Pass holders) may opt-out of this scheme if they can provide the proof of adequate medical insurance coverage in Singapore.
- Payment of fees is in Singapore Dollars.
- Payment method only by Cheque/ Nets/ Telegraphic Transfer