Our UK Veterinary Work Experience course is a residential week-long curriculum designed to give students the best possible insight into working life as a vet in a busy veterinary clinic. Using simulated patients and owners students will have the opportunity to work together as a team of vets and applied veterinary professionals to consult, diagnose, and treat patients across a range of emergency veterinary scenarios. This course combines hands-on experience, expert university application advice, and realistic mock university interviews. Students leave this course Veterinary School ready, and have made friends from across the globe!
This Course Is Suitable For:
Students aged 16+ who are interested in studying veterinary medicine or veterinary science at university, or simply want to learn more about working life as a vet. We accept students of any nationality.
This Course Includes:
- 3 days of simulated clinical veterinary experience treating a variety of small animal species and conditions.
- Teaching from inspiration working vets and veterinary students.
- Mock interviews (MMIs) conducted by experienced interviewers with feedback.
- University application advice and guidance.
- Accommodation, breakfast and dinner.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course students will:
- Gain veterinary work experience required for the UCAS application.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the role of a vet and other allied veterinary professionals.
- Experience a range of common small animal conditions.
- Understand a range of treatments for common veterinary conditions.
- Understand a framework for patient assessment.
- Learn how to deal with difficult pet owners.
- Understand the veterinary school application process.
- Learn about the possible career options option to them within the animal care.
- Develop a framework for choosing the right veterinary school.
- Experience a range of real veterinary school interview questions.
Our accommodation is based in safe, quiet areas within easy reach of Central London.
Our students share single-gender dormitory-style rooms, normally shared with up to 5-6 students.
We have 3-4 accommodation partners which we use depending on student numbers and project dates, so please get in touch with us for exact details of your accommodation. You can see some of our accommodation partners in the gallery to give an idea of what students can expect from their time with Veterinary Projects.
Students are required to meet us at pre-designated meeting points in London. Students will be required to purchase an Oyster travel card for all travel whilst with us which can be organised prior to travel or will be done with the team upon arrival.
Food & Drink
Students are provided with a continental breakfast each morning before heading out for the day. Individual items vary depending on the accommodation but students can expect some of the following; toast, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, butter, jam and other spreads, juice, tea and coffee.
Dinner is included every night during students time with us. Where we eat will vary; sometimes we will eat out at a nearby restaurant, have food prepared at our accommodation, or you may be given a cash allowance and choose your own dinner with a group of fellow students. You will dine on a range of different cuisines, but regardless of where we go there will always be an option that fits students’ dietary requirements.
Whilst learning is our main focus, we also want to ensure students make the most of their time in London and leave with new friends from all over the world!
Our team arrange great social activities for some of the evenings the students are with us. Some of these take place in our accommodation to help break the ice at the beginning of the week, but we also organise some fantastic experiences around the city, which might include;
- Visits to some of London’s most famous sites
- An evening at Covent Garden
- A scavenger hunt experience
- A Friday evening night out to a West End theatre show
Every Veterinary Projects course is staffed by our own highly experienced staff. We are with the students and on-hand 24/7 to supervise and assist students. All of our staff undergo enhanced DBS checks before joining our courses and we always have at least one fully trained first aider with the group.
Our staff also stay at the same accommodation and we always have a female member of staff on duty at night.
7 Reasons To Join This Course
- Gain veterinary work experience
- Learn from qualified veterinary professionals
- Obtain genuine insight
- Perfect your interview techniques
- Students take the role of an actual Vet
- Experience the best of UK culture
- Have fun and meet students from around the world
- 1 Week = £2150
The course fee is paid in two instalments. A £300 deposit is taken to reserve your space and the remaining balance is not due until 90 days before your course start date.
- 28th June – 4th July 2020
- 5th July – 11th July 2020
- 12th July – 18th July 2020
- 19th July – 25th July 2020
- 26th July – 1st Aug 2020
- 2nd Aug – 8th Aug 2020
- Flights or trains to/from London
- Lunch (approximately £7 per day)
- Visa (if required)
- Oyster Card (approximately £35 per week)
About the School
We are one of the UK’s leading career insight and educational course providers. We offer a range of residential, single-day, and in-school courses that provide students with an unforgettable education ... Read More