The Master's Degree in Disability and Dependency Is a title of the Faculty of Physiotherapy. Its teaching load is equivalent to 60 ETCS (annual).
It belongs to the branch of knowledge of Health Sciences, has a research orientation that agglutinates different disciplines, and that are shaped in the form of two specialties:
- Psychological intervention in disability and dependency : its curricular structure is characterized by a comprehensive approach, ranging from early care and intervention in developmental disorders, to cognitive impairment and family and care problems arising from situations of Disability and dependence, as well as strategies for their adequate prevention.
- Functional rehabilitation in disability and dependency : this specialty is structured in such a way as to provide students with advanced training in the functional rehabilitation of processes that lead to disability and dependence, such as cardio-respiratory, neurological dysfunctions or involving the presence of chronic pain.
In addition, the student is trained in the management and evaluation of socio-health resources in this area, providing him with knowledge on technologies to support people with disabilities.
Why study the degree
The program offers enough versatility to be of interest to a wide variety of students from different degrees in the socio-health field who present training preferences focused specifically on the field of research in the field of disability and dependency, since A point of view of both the assistance, the psychosocial intervention or the management of resources.
Through this program, graduates who have completed 240 ECTS, from any degree in the fields of health sciences or socio-legal, can coherently complete their training in the field of disability and dependency . In addition, the profile achieved after completing the master's studies is adapted to fit the entrance profile of the interuniversity doctoral program "Health, disability, dependency and welfare", which is part of the International Doctoral School of UDC, In agreement with the universities of Murcia, Leon and Salamanca.
What is learned
- Integration and management of the anthropological and ethical variables of the processes of disability and dependence.
- Investigation methodology.
- Techniques of data analysis.
- Domain of the tools of search and management of the scientific information.
- Management and evaluation of socio-health resources.
- Techniques and research methodologies in the field of functional rehabilitation in people with disabilities and dependence.
- Techniques and research methodologies in the field of psychosocial intervention in people with disabilities and dependence.
Structure of the Study
- Investigation methodology
- Multimedia Research Tools
- Bioethical-Legal Basics of Disability and Dependency
- Anthropology of Health and Disability
Specialization in Functional Rehabilitation in Disability and Dependency
- Support Technology for the Disabled
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain: Neurobiology, Pain and Disability, Evaluation Systems, New Paradigms of Study and Intervention
- Advanced Cardiorespiratory Rehabilitation
- Bases and Principles of Neuroscience and Neurological Rehabilitation
- Management of Socio-Health Resources in Disability and Dependence
Specialization in Psychological Intervention in Disability and Dependency
- Oral and Written Language Disorders
- Early attention
- Intervention in Dementia
- Family Intervention in Disability
- Aging Satisfactory
Work End of Master
- Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
The Master in Disability and Dependency seeks to train different professionals in techniques of research, management and evaluation of programs and resources aimed at improving the approach to the problems and needs of people with disabilities and of society.
The priority output is oriented towards the field of research, providing the student with the appropriate tools so that he can be admitted and develop with guarantees the activities of a doctorate program.
On the other hand, the competences acquired with the degree will allow the different professionals to study the master's degree to integrate or reintegrate into social-health care centers with the capacity to design and implement specific intervention programs as well as to evaluate their impact on different indicators related to quality Life, personal autonomy and biopsychosocial well-being of people with disabilities and / or in a situation of dependency.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More