The master's degree offers both aspects of professional specialization and research initiation. Therefore, the main goals are:
- To train professionals working in the fields related to aging, so that they are able to face the problems with a holistic and integrative vision.
- Acquire and develop skills for the transfer of new academic knowledge in the areas of health care and public health in aging.
- Acquire and develop skills to incorporate basic knowledge in aging.
- Develop skills for the care work and/or research multidisciplinary character in aging.
- Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus
- Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII de Tarragona
- Hospital de la Santa Creu de Jesús
- Hospital Sociosanitari Francolí
- PADES Reus
- Hospital Comarcal d'Amposta
- Residència Gent Gran d'Amposta
- Residència Gent Gran de Sant Carles
- Campus Terres de l'Ebre
- Fundació Alícia
The Master's Degree is especially aimed at students in possession of a bachelor's degree in Health or a Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Medicine, Biology, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and fields relating to the Health Sciences and who are particularly interested in the different disciplines and fields relating to the study of aging and the care of elderly people, or who are interested in carrying out research in this area.
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the programme, you can also submit the following documents:
- Proof of level of English (if applicable).
- Proof of additional training related to the content of the master's degree (only courses of 10 hours or more will be taken into account).
- Proof of healthcare experience (employment record and documents certifying the professional category).
- Proof of teaching and research experience (copy of publications).
- Proof of experience in management positions.
- Suitability of the admission qualification, up to 2 points, according to the following scale:
- Physiotherapy and nursing qualifications: up to 2 points.
- A degree in the field of health science other than Physiotherapy and Nursing: up to 1 point.
- Other qualifications: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the students' academic record in the university degree that qualifies them for admission to the master's degree: up to 4 points.
The average mark of the academic record obtained in the first cycle of the qualification required in Section 1. The grade for each subject is the numeric one stated in the academic record. If there is no numerical grade, it will be assessed as follows: pass, 1 point; good, 2 points; excellent, 3 points; and distinction, 4 points. A Pass is considered to be a mark between 5 and 6.9; Good, between 7 and 8.9; Excellent, between 9.9 and 9; and Distinction, 10.
- Level of English: up to 1.5 points.
- Complementary training related to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities, for which proof must be provided): up to 1.5 points.
- Care work: up to 2 points. 0.1 points will be awarded per year worked.
- Teaching experience: up to 2 points. Teaching at the university level and continuing training in the care field will be taken into account.
- Research experience: up to 2 points. Publications in scientific journals and contributions to Catalan, Spanish and international conferences will be taken into account.
- Management experience: up to 1.5 points. 0.2 points will be awarded for each year in a position of responsibility.
Graduates in University master's degree in Ageing and Health are capable of working in health services in primary care, hospital care and social care (inpatient care units for convalescence, palliative care, and psychogeriatrics; or outpatient day hospital rehabilitation and neurodegenerative disease units).
Residential centers, public bodies, social service businesses, adult and elderly education, telecare services, entertainment and leisure companies and rehabilitation centers through the practice of regulated professions.