Course of theoretical-practical specialization of semi-face character of 10 theoretical hours and 10 practical hours per month.
- Theoretical classes: are held in the city of Madrid, Spain on the last Friday and Saturday of each month. These meetings attend:
- The stable teaching team of the Academy of Psychoanalysis
- Professionals from Spain specialized in specific topics belonging to each module
- One teacher a month from the team at the Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität in Vienna
Why study at the Academy of Psychoanalysis
Sigmund Freud demonstrated, in creating the psychoanalytic doctrine, that all our behaviors, feelings and ways of relating to one another are determined by unconscious motivations unknown to ourselves, though not less powerful. Such motivations refer to the history of a subject, a story that is not expressed as a past chronologically "surpassed" but as a here and now in permanent repetition. The links that make us speaking beings, the history of which a person comes points, as a structure, a destiny for the subject.
When listening to patients, we find traces of this destiny in all aspects of their reality: economic, professional, affective, sexual, as well as a deep disagreement of the person with all these things that, enigmatically, inhabit her. Wanting to know about this, position to which psychoanalysis makes place, operates a position of dignity with respect to the overwhelming character of the Other's desire.
The ethics of psychoanalysis, transference through, installs a gap between what is written about me and the question itself. What do I want? How do I want to live my life? The Academy of Psychoanalysis represents, from the journey through these crossroads, a joint space of growth and limit to human discomfort. Such is the point at which research and therapy coincide. Who ignores, repeats. Who is willing to know ... who wants, has a life.
The students perform them during the rest of the month at a distance, through our online platform. There they access activities, additional material, videos, complementary bibliography and participate in forums with their peers guided by a tutor who is permanently available through chats, forums and videoconferences, etc. Through the virtual classroom the students deliver the practical work corresponding to each module, receive the correction, returns and are oriented in the reading of material for the following modules.
The book "Principles of classical psychoanalysis" (M. Rechetnikov / A. Pritz) is established as the main bibliographic material corresponding to the theoretical axis, added to the reference bibliography (S. Freud, F. Nietzsche, H. Ellenberger and J. Lacan, among others) and the Dictionary of Psychoanalysis by J. Laplanche and JB. Pontalis, being able to establish complementary bibliography in each module, according to the teacher in charge it considers appropriate.
Each of the axes also has a selection of audiovisual content and clinical cases that serve the illustrative and practical function of articulating the conceptual framework with real discourses, problems and conflicts of yesteryear and of today, inside and outside the analytical device . These contents are consigned towards the end of each module.
The function of the question is posed, as well, as the distinctive methodological style of the Academy of Psychoanalysis: the transferential transmission of psychoanalytic knowledge.
Module nº 1: Origins of psychoanalysis
Sigmund Freud: Life and work / How was psychoanalysis born? / Beginnings of psychoanalytic practice / Hysteria / Freud's work with the French school (Jean Charcot) and Josef Breuer / Main discoveries and concepts of Psychoanalysis: Transfer; Repetition; Unconscious; Pulsion / Psychoanalysis as a theory, research method and technique for the treatment of neurotic disorders / The third narcissistic wound: the self is not master in his own home / Resistances against psychoanalysis / Necessity and validity of psychoanalysis / The fifth " fundamental concept ": The transferential transmission of psychoanalytic knowledge.
- Interview with S. Freud: "The struggle is still going on".
- Interview with S. Žižek: "Psychoanalysis is more necessary than ever".
- Interview by Madeleine Chapsal to J. Lacan for the newspaper L'Express (1957).
- Excerpts from the film "Freud, secret passion", 1962.
- Excerpts from "The discovery of the unconscious", by H. Ellenberger.
- Analysis of the song "Bla bla bla", by Sol Pereyra.
- Excerpt from "A dangerous method", 2011.
Module nº 2: Freudian metapsychology and the two topics of the psychic apparatus
Introduction to Freudian metapsychology: dynamic, topical and economic points of view / The unconscious: justification and necessity of the concept / First topic: unconscious, preconscious, conscious / Primary process and secondary process / Contributions by J. Lacan to the Freudian topology: the moebius band / Ethical Statute of the unconscious / The formations of the unconscious and the laws of the primary process / Characteristics of the unconscious processes / Introduction to the analytical device: the value of the spell of the word / Passage hypnosis - catharsis - free association / Speaking and saying : the subjective division / Impossibility of self-analysis: the epistolary relationship between Freud and Fliess / Introduction to the second topic: it, I and superego.
- Excerpt from the film "Matrix", 1999.
- Excerpt from S. Žižek's documentary "The real in the illusion".
- The time (chronos-kairos) from an extract of the series "Dark", 2017.
- "The explained", Les Luthiers.
- "My beard has three hairs", Gabi, Fofó and Miliki.
- Analysis of a Quino caricature: "It's strange, I do not remember that letter."
- chap. I, Jaime Szpilka The impossible realization - "The relationship with knowledge".
Module nº 3: The unconscious in everyday life
Formations of the unconscious / The misunderstanding and the game with the sense / The logic of the signifier / The forgetting of names, words and phrases / The joke and its relation to the unconscious / Psychogenesis, structure and function of the joke / The theory of dreams: the dream as fulfillment (disfigured) of an unconscious desire / Manifest and latent oniric content / The work of the dream (diurnal remains unconscious desire reduction of endopsychic censorship in the state of sleep) / Interpretive work on dreams as a royal access route to the unconscious / Identity of perception and identity of thought (legality of the secondary process) / Representation-thing and representation word / The experience of satisfaction / The lost object.
- Compiled from lapsus linguae.
- Caricature of the dream, Quino.
- Analysis of the song "Fiesta", by JM Serrat.
- Activities in relation to the film "The science of dreams", 2006.
- Analysis of "Signorelli" and "Famillonario".
- Compiled and analysis of jokes.
Module nº 4: Psychopathology
Different Approaches to Psychopathology / Historical and Cultural Aspects of Normal and Pathological / Criteria of Health and Disease / The Importance of Pathology in Psychoanalysis / The Field of Mental Health in Present Time: Problems and Debates / Ethics and Nosology : Descriptive nosology and structural nosology / Symptoms
and disorders: principles that structure the clinic / The problem of classification in psychopathology: diagnosis and classification.
- Presentation of patients by J. Lacan in Saint Anne Hospital, J. Lacan, 1975-1976.
- Activities around the film "Atrapado sin salida", 1975.
- Excerpts from the book "The discovery of the unconscious", by H. Ellenberger.
- Excerpts from the book "213 Occurrences with Jacques Lacan" by J. Allouch.
Module nº 5: The psychosexual development
The discovery of infantile sexuality and its importance in the constitution of neuroses / Autoerotism, perversion and polymorphism of human sexuality / The neurotic body: erogenous and made of words / First drive dualism / The terms of the drive: source, thrust, goal and object / Libidinal stages of psychosexual development: oral, anal, phallic - latency and puberty / Destiny of drive / Primary and secondary repression / Child amnesia / Child sexual theories / From the theory of seduction to the theory of fantasies / The psychic reality.
- Reflections and activities in relation to the film "Polisse", France, 2011.
- Reflections and activities in relation to the film "Prince of the tides", 1991.
- Excerpts from the film "Freud, secret passion", 1962.
Module 6: The psychoanalytic theory of neuroses
Hysteria / Hysterical conversion: hysterogenic zones and somatic complacency / Case analysis: Anna O., Elisabeth Von R. / Neurosis Obsessive / Concept history / Metapsychology of Neurosis / Defense mechanisms: repression; fixation; regression; reactive training; isolation; negation; projection; rationalization / Case analysis: The rat man / The symptom as commitment formation / The ways of symptom formation / Function of primordial fantasies / The return of the repressed / The flight in the disease / Canonical formula of the neuroses: the traumatic and the a posteriori / Primary and secondary benefit of the disease / The symptom as a sexual partner of the neurotic / The overdetermination of the symptoms.
- Analysis of the song "Soy mi soberano", by Gustavo Cordera
- Comic cartoon of graphic humorist Quino.
- Analysis of the song "I do not know what to do with me", by El Cuarteto de Nos.
- Analysis of the song "Zanguango", by Leo Masliah.
- Analysis of the song "Creep", by Radiohead.
- Extract about La falta en ser, from the book "Introduction to the psychoanalytic method", by JA- Miller.
- Excerpt from the song "El fantasma de Canterville", by Sui Generis.
Module 7: Pulsion, libido and narcissism: The subjective constitution
History of the concept of Eros / Theory of libido and narcissism / Primary and pathological narcissism / Its access routes / The ego and the phases of its constitution (I, body, reality) / Autoerotism - Narcissism - Object relationship / Contributions of J. Lacan's theory to the subjective constitution process: the mirror stage / The primordial identification / The three registers of the human reality: real, symbolic and imaginary / Structure and language / Psychic causality and subjective determination / The antithetic sense of the primitive words: one is what is and what is not.
- Analysis of the film "Mr. nobody ", 2009.
- The mirror stage: Excerpt from the film "Ice age": The mammoth and the opossum, 2006.
- Significant determination: Analysis of the film "Das Experiment", 2001; and the Film "The Game", 1997.
- Analysis of songs and children's stories (They were three alpine, Mambrú went to war, etc.).
Module nº 8: The horror of incest and paternal function: Oedipus and Castration
Totem and Taboo: the horror of incest / Oedipus: the nuclear complex of the neuroses / Primacy of the phallus and castration complex: structure and etiology / Development in the male and the girl: some psychic consequences of the anatomical sexual difference / J. Lacan : the paternal metaphor / Female sexuality: The enigma, the taboo of virginity, the lack of significant / Gynecofilia / Woman as a symptom of man.
- Excerpt from the film "Kramer vs Kramer", 1979.
- Analysis of the song "Father and Son", by Cat Stevens.
- Analysis of the song "Madre" by J. Lennon and "Madre" by Pink Floyd.
- Analysis of the film "The Judge", 2014.
- Analysis of the film "Locke", 2014.
- Viral video: - I'm your father!
- Analysis of the song "Ayúdame Freud", by Ricardo Arjona.
- Extracts of dialogues between Kal El and Jor El from the film Superman, 1978.
- Analysis of "Letter to the Father", by Franz Kafka.
Module nº 9: Psychoanalysis and interdiscipline
Psychoanalysis and literature / Psychoanalysis and medicine / Psychoanalysis and film / Psychoanalysis of creativity / Psychoanalysis and education / Psychoanalysis and economics / Psychoanalysis and history / Psychoanalysis and religion / Psychoanalysis and philosophy / Psychoanalysis and etymology / Psychoanalysis and mathematics
- Analysis of extracts from "El caso Anne", by Gustavo Dessal.
- Excerpts from the book "Delirio", by Laura Restrepo.
- Excerpts from the book "Op Oloop", by Juan Filloy.
- "The pervert's Guide to Cinema", by Slavoj Zizek.
- Analysis of the book "The puppet and the dwarf", by Slavoj Zizek.
- Dictionary of Greek and Roman mythology, by Pierre Grimal.
- Jorge Luis Borges, Complete Works.
- Murder in Mallorca, Jaime Szpilka.
- Etymological Dictionary of the Castilian Language, J. Corominas.
- The millennial metaphor. A psychoanalytic reading of the bible.
- Analysis of extracts from films by R. Hitchcock, F. Fellini, L. Buñuel, D. Lynch, W. Allen, C. Chaplin., A. Kurosawa and others.
Module nº 10: The psychoanalytic work
Development of theory and technique / The fundamental psychoanalytic rule: the free association / Floating attention / The management of the transfer and the direction of the cure / Indications and contraindications / Remember, repeat, rework / The position of the psychoanalyst: The supposed subject know / The analytical device and its flexibility (variable time, distance sessions, etc.) / Neutrality and abstinence / The ethics of psychoanalysis: the desire of the psychoanalyst / Interpretation and constructions in analysis / Termination and interminable analysis, a valid question? : psychoanalysis as a path / The eternal return of the same, not the identical / The formation and authorization of the psychoanalyst.
- Excerpt from the film, Alice in Wonderland, 1951.
- Analysis of the film ¿Qué tal, Bob ?, 1991.
- Analysis of clinical cases from the book "213 Occurrences with Jacques Lacan", by Jean Allouch.
- Excerpt from the film "El discurso del Rey", 2010.
- Analysis of the work "Psicoanalista", by Leo Masliah.
- Joke of the Jew and the Pole, S. Žižek, extracted from the book "The Sublime Object of Ideology".
Module nº 11: The disagreement between the sexes
Demand and desire in obsessive neurosis and hysteria / Desire as impossible-unsatisfied / Clinical case analysis: Dora / The ghost: Why do we choose people? / The sexual relationship (which does not exist) between the sexes: an unconscious, paradoxical and conflictive choice / The traffic of guilt and subjective responsibility: - What about me in you? What do we want together? / The woman as a symptom of the man / - I love you, - I do not either: Subject in want - object cause of desire / What is it to be a woman -or to be more than anything-? How to be a man -or not less than something-? / The codependent links: One the two
- Analysis of the song "Y sin embargo", by Joaquín Sabina.
- Analysis of the song "Sincerely yours", by Joan Manuel Serrat.
- Analysis of the song "Uno los dos", by Miranda.
- Analysis of the song "Je t'aime, moi non plus", by Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin.
- Analysis of the song "No, but no", by Miranda.
- Analysis of the tango "Tarde", by Julio Sosa.
- Analysis of the zamba "Nuevamente", by Los rojas.
- Analysis of the song "Balada para un loco", by A. Piazzolla.
- Analysis of the song "Parole, parole", by M. Mazzini.
- Excerpt from the play "The importance of being called Ernesto", by Oscar Wilde.
- Excerpt about the gingerbread cookie ("Women who give everything"), from the film "Shrek", 2001.
- Analysis of a clinical case.
- The relationship between the hysteric and the obsessive, by Quino
- Excerpt from the film "Ice Age 3", 2009.
- Simply, Bersuit Vergarabat
- Short film: "An absurd game", 2009.
- The paranoid features in the short film "Masi me tiro", 2009.
Module No. 12: Trauma and repetition: beyond the pleasure principle
Concept of psychic trauma / Repression of traumatic memories / Fixation in trauma, children's play (fort-da) and the compulsion to repetition in transference: the access routes to the Pulsion of Death / Psychodynamic of trauma / The mourning work / Somatization and conversion of psychic trauma / The Negative Therapeutic Reaction / The concept of Enjoyment (Jouissance): pleasure in displeasure / The sinister / The repetition of failure / Primary erogenous masochism / - Enjoyment !: imperative of consciousness moral and sadistic side of the superego / Unconscious feeling of guilt and need for punishment / Psychopathy and perversion
- Excerpts from the series "Breaking Bad": - Why me? / Who's the favorite one?
- Analysis of the film "The day of the marmots", 1993.
- Analysis of the tango "Naranjo en flor", by Roberto Goyeneche.
- Interview Quentin Tarantino about violence.
- Analysis of the film "Misery", 1990.
- Analysis of the film "American Psycho", 2000.
- Analysis of the film "The silence of the innocents", 1991.
- Analysis of the film "Matador", by Almodóvar
Module nº 13: Psychosis
Concept of psychotic disorder / Paranoia and schizophrenia: possible treatment / The unobjectionable of maternal love / Structure and function of delirium / Study of a clinical case: Schreber / Projection as the main mechanism and homosexuality as an etiological factor / Melancholia and narcissistic neuroses / Introversion of the libido on the self / Narcissistic neuroses / The loss (and restoration) of reality in neurosis and psychosis / Contributions by J. Lacan: the foreclosure of the father's name / Elemental phenomena in the psychotic structure / El passage to the act / Pathological narcissism / Homosexuality and transsexualism: the ignorance of the difference / Narcissistic and anaclitic way of the choice of object: identifying processes in each case / Perverse traits in the psychosis / The push-to-the-woman / The case Leonardo da Vinci
- Excerpt from the film "Rainman", 1988.
- Analysis of the song "I am what I am" (Sandra Mihanovich).
- Analysis of the song "Rhapsody Bohemy", by Queen.
- Scene from the series "Vulnerables": mother and daughter.
- Scenes from the series "Bates Motel": mother and son.
- Analysis of the film "The Black Swan", 2010.
- Analysis of a clinical case: "-Mom, why do you love me so much?"
- Analysis of the film "Teddy Bear", 2012.
- Analysis of the film "Take Shelter", 2011.
- Presentation of patients by J. Lacan in Saint Anne Hospital, J. Lacan, 1975-1976: Interview with a transsexual.
- Excerpt from an interview with S. Žižek about "transgender baths".
- Excerpts from the book "The enjoyment of LA mujer", by José Vidal.
Module nº 14: Other affective disorders
Inhibition and phobias / Theories of anguish in Freud / Phases in the development of phobia / Function of the phobic symptom / Analysis of a clinical case: the little Hans / Psychosomatic disorders / The concept of character in psychoanalysis (oral, anal, phallic)
/ Depressive, masochistic, schizoid, hysterical character / Borderline Personality: Therapeutic Approach Specifications / Depression / Considerations about melancholy
- Analysis of the film: "Better ... impossible!", 1997.
- Analysis of the film: "Birdman", 2014.
Module nº 15: Psychoanalysis of culture and society
The malaise in the culture / The future of an illusion / The modern man in front of the religion, the moral and the ideals: The philosophy of F. Nietzsche like main antecedent of the psychoanalytic perspective on the culture / The narcissism of the small differences and the processes of cultural segregation / Psychoanalytic consideration of kinship, family and culture / Culture, traditions and innovations / Culture and authority / Culture and ethics 00 / Culture and technical progress / Ideological aspects: psychosis in the place of the master? The Manuel case
- Analysis of the song "Ese mundo", by Gustavo Cordera.
- Reading texts by F. Nietzsche.
Module nº 16: Psychoanalysis of group processes
History of the problem / Psychology of the masses and analysis of the self / The identification process / Social pathology and group pathology / Transgenerational transmission / Practical example: what would a therapist do? / Psychology of the masses of fascism.
- Multiple excerpts from the series "Vulnerables", 1999.
- Analysis of the film "La vita é bella", 1997.
- Analysis of the film "Bastardos sin gloria", 2009.
Module nº 17: Death and the fear of living
Symbolic death and real death / The symbolic death of the father / God is dead forever / There is no representation of death in the unconscious / The primal repressed / Death and sexuality: the case of Signorelli's oblivion / Castration anxiety / The passage to suicidal act / Cancer and terminal illnesses
- Analysis of the song "Qué bonita es esta vida", by Juan Celedón.
- Analysis of the song "Retrato", by JM Serrat.
- Analysis of the song "Too Much love will kill you", by Queen.
- Analysis of the song "The gambler", by Kenny Rogers.
- Analysis of the book "Under the sign of Mars" by Fritz Zorn.
- Analysis of the song "I am not from here, nor am I from there", by F. Cafrune.
- Analysis of the text "The process", by F. Kafka.
Module 18 (final): At the discretion of the SFU
- For the best use we recommend that you have completed or are close to completion of the Degree in Higher Education of a career related to psychoanalysis (Law, Anthropology, Social Sciences and Humanities, Psychology, etc).
- Admission procedure: a personal interview with the Course Management, may be if necessary through videoconference.
Modalities of Payment
Students attend face-to-face classes on the last Friday and Saturday of each month, according to the schedule located at the end of this page. Classes are held in Madrid, Spain, on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (6 classes of 2 hours are given for each theoretical module). Each face-to-face meeting brings together psychoanalysts from around the world, who together develop one of the axes corresponding to the curriculum. The final module (18th) is held at the headquarters of Sigmund Freud University in Vienna, Austria. This modality includes visits to the "Outpatient Clynics" (Patient Clinics), the Sigmund Freud Museum and the Vienna Cemetery. Investment per semester: € 3,750. It can be paid up to three installments. Groups of 8 people or more get a 10% bonus. It includes access to the online platform with personalized tutorials for the follow-up of progress during the rest of the month, the realization of practical works, activities, access to complementary bibliography, forum of consultations and videoconferences with the tutors. Title issued: Specialization in psychoanalytic theory and practice with the endorsement of Sigmund Freud University of Vienna.
The students complete the entire course through our virtual platform and have personalized follow-up by the tutors. The contents are exactly the same as in the face-to-face mode, only that they are accessed online. When enrolling, the student receives a username and password to access the virtual classroom, where they can interact with students from around the world and access the videos of the classes with theoretical material, bibliography, and perform practical work, activities and consultations with the tutors to follow up on progress. This modality is aimed at students who live far from the city of Madrid, Spain. Total investment: € 1,250. It can be paid up to two installments. Groups of 8 people or more get a 10% bonus. Title issued: Specialization in psychoanalytic theory and practice with the endorsement of Sigmund Freud University of Vienna.
About the School
La Academia de Psicoanálisis, desarrollada en colaboración con la Sigmund Freud University, es la primera instancia formativa teórico-práctica dedicada a la transmisión transferencial del conocimiento ... Read More