- Academic degree: Post – Graduation
- ECTS: 30
- Duration: 1 semester
- Organization: After-labor
- Local: Campus de Gualtar, Braga
- Main scientific area: Nursing
The high prevalence of wounds in the present framework of caregiving and its impact at individual and economic levels, due to the high costs that treatments involve, makes this area a relevant issue regarding public health.
The EWMA carries out its activity by promoting the production, dissemination and implementation of existing knowledge in the field of wounds and by providing information on all aspects related to caregiving to injured people. Thus, the recognition awarded by EWMA demonstrates the pedagogical quality of this course as a formative project, which empowers professionals to develop adequate specialized clinical skills concerning wounds, including conception, wound management and supervision, assessment, training and development of research on the area.
Prerequisite: Nursing degree
The holders of this specialized course may develop his/her professional activities in public or private institutions, such as:
- Care Units at general/specialized hospitals, public or private
- Hospital Specialized Care Units
- Health Care Centers
- Private health institutions
- Home dwelling / Home-based care units
This school offers programs in: