- Specialized Certificate in Palliative Care Nursing
- ECTS: 60
- Duration: 2 semesters
- Working Regime: After working hours
- Venue Place: Campus de Gualtar, Braga
- Main Scientific area: Nursing
The Specialization Course in Palliative Care Nursing aims to ensure the scientific, technical, human and cultural training of the nurse, enabling him/her to provide specialized care to people with longstanding, incurable, progressive disease and those in the end of life. It is intended to provide students with knowledge and instruments on the domain of palliative care which enable professionals to deliver high-quality healthcare; the course also develops self-analysis potentialities oriented to problem-solving and decision-making regarding palliative care, as well as a space for joint reflection on palliative care nursing.
The training plan of the course is based on a modular curricular organization in accordance with the principles of intra and interdisciplinarity. The diversity of the curricular units offered to students and the curriculum flexibility promote their autonomy and their responsibility. The course also seeks to develop the students’ learning capacity which is fundamental to carry out high quality professional specialized activities.
Prerequisites: Nursing Degree
The nurses with the specialization of Palliative Care Nursing will perform their professional activity in public and private institutions, national or overseas, such as:
- Palliative Care Units from general/specialized public/private hospital units
- Specialized Hospital Units
- Health Care Centers
- Private Health Institutions
- Home dwelling /Home-based palliative care units
This school offers programs in: