Pre-Medical (Pre-Med) course aims to prepare applicants for undergraduate Medicine, Odontology, Veterinary Medicine or Pharmacy program by offering students general biology and general chemistry lectures and practical classes.
- Duration â 10 weeks (March 23, 2020 - June 5, 2020)
- Studies start March 23, 2020
- Type - Full time
- Introduction to the course: information about the University, application procedure to LSMU
- General biology and general chemistry classes
Structure of the course
- Introduction to the course
- Biology classes
- Chemistry classes
- Legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English).
- Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
- Good grades in biology and chemistry would be an advantage.
- All applicants should apply online and provide all the documents.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents")
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry
- Certificate proving the knowledge of English language: TOEFL â minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS â above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University
- Brief CV
- Passport or ID copy
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination
- One passport-type photograph (3x4 cm)
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable)
Application online starts November 1, 2019, and closes February 23, 2020.
Application submission â Application fee â Contract issued â Tuition fee â Pre-med course at LSMU
The tuition fee for 2020 academic year â 4000 EUR
The tuition fee covers:
- attendance at scheduled lectures and practical classes led by qualified university specialists and lecturers
- use of university library facilities, lecture rooms, and equipment during the course
- testing of acquired knowledge and skills via final test, according to a teaching plan
- the final test is accepted as an entrance test to LSMU
- accommodation at the universityâs hostel
The tuition fee should be paid within 14 days after signing the Study Contract, but no later than March 1, 2020.
Structure of the Exam
The exam consists of multiple-choice tests (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry based on the courses program and is given in English
Why Lithuanian University of Health Sciences?
- Small groups â up to 10 students
- Qualified, competent and inspiring lecturers
- Multicultural environment
Student support system
- psychological counseling
"Being an international medical student at the LSMU is very challenging, interesting and sometimes even stressful. However, it is highly rewarding especially knowing what youâre working to. If you study hard and want to learn, you can fulfill your dream of becoming a good doctor. Studying in Lithuania has given me many opportunities to meet new people with different ideas, values, and views to life from various parts of the world." - Awaz Hashim
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More