The AMU PreMed program, the total of 900 hours, is split between two semesters, and it covers lectures, practical classes, and laboratories. Coursework is evaluated on the basis of continuous assessment and end-of-term exams.
Apart from courses in biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics, the program provides an opportunity to get basic skills in Polish and/or to improve English.
BIOLOGY – 250 hours of courses, covering:
- cell biology.
- biochemistry and molecular biology.
- genetics and genetic engineering.
- human biology (body, life functions, evolution).
- microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protists).
CHEMISTRY – 250 hours of courses:
- general chemistry (chemical laws, calculations).
- physical chemistry.
- inorganic chemistry.
- organic and bioorganic chemistry.
PHYSICS and MATHEMATICS – 250 hours of courses:
- mechanics (forces, motion).
- heat and kinetic theory of matter.
- electricity and magnetism.
- waves and sound.
- light and optics.
- elementary mathematics (equations, statistics).
LANGUAGES – 150 hours of courses:
- Polish for beginners.
- English at various levels.
* The University reserves the right to withdraw the educational offer unless there are at least 25 candidates submitted, who have passed recruitment successfully.
* meals and accommodation to be covered separately by candidates.
The AMU PreMed program is taught in the Northern Campus Morasko, a modern facility conveniently connected to the city center (15 minutes via a direct tram).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 30, 2017