Pre-Health / Pre-Medical Sciences
American University of Integrative Sciences, St. Maarten School of Medicine (AUIS) is an internationally recognized sixteen-month program that provides the prerequisites for the Doctor of Medicine degree. The program consists of 4 terms of college-level sciences and humanities providing 90 credit hours with direct admission into our MD program. This track is ideal for highly qualified students who are committed to the study of medicine upon their successful completion of high school/secondary school. These prerequisite courses allow students to assimilate foundation knowledge in the life sciences in order to be successful in the M.D. program. The American University of Integrative Sciences, St. Maarten School of Medicine, is a well-established Caribbean medical school which holds its charter from the government of St. Maarten. Our students study medicine with a special focus on community service, holistic strategies, and the business of medicine. A versatile and modern course curriculum is offered by highly qualified and experienced faculty, supported by, a talented and approachable staff.
- High School / Secondary School degree: Successful applicants will hold a high school or secondary school degree with exceptionally good grades in the Sciences. Special consideration will also be given to students who have shown their interest in the medical field through internships or volunteer activities related to healthcare.
Other Attributes of Successful AUIS Applicants
- Medical school can be very challenging. A successful applicant must excel in the STEM disciplines and possess the ambition and focus necessary to realize the dream of becoming a physician.
Other Medical School Enrollment Information
AUIS reserves the right to change admission requirements, application procedures, and admission policies at any time, without prior notice.
Transfer Students: AUIS does accept transfer students from other medical schools. Transfer credit for courses are taken as a matriculated student at another medical school may be awarded, at the discretion of the Dean or his/her designee, according to the following guidelines:
- The medical school where the courses were taken must be ECFMG-approved and W.H.O. listed.
- The course was completed in its entirety. Transfer credit will not be given for a course if only the first part of a two-part course was completed.
- A passing grade was earned in the course.
Basic Sciences Campus: Cole Bay, St. Maarten Clinical Education: AUIS's network of clinical teaching affiliates includes hospitals in the United States and Canada.
Tuition per term Flat Rate:
- Basic Sciences* Terms 1-4/per semester: $9,850, Fifth semester $10,500
- Clinical Sciences Terms 6-11/per semester: $10,050
Funding Your Medical Education
American University of Integrative Sciences, St. Maarten School of Medicine is committed to providing medical students with information to help them fund their education through student loan programs, medical school financial aid, and scholarships.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2017