Title: Postgraduate Program in Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Science, Healthcare or Engineering.
Credits: 16 ECTS + Final Project 2 ECTS. Total credits: 18 ECTS
Timetable: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
With its close ties to major companies in the Life Sciences sector, the Program in Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry offers a unique training that combines knowledge acquisition with the development of core competencies.
The life sciences sector, including biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device industry, has a high economic impact worldwide, providing significant high skilled employment.
The program is designed for students with a clear career goal within biotech and pharmaceutical companies, in response to the companies’ demand for highly qualified professionals.
At the end of the program, the students will have developed real-world business skills and a professional network with senior business professionals who have deep biotech and pharmaceutical industry experience.
Objectives of the postgraduate program
The main aim of this Postgraduate Program in Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry is to prepare future graduates for an international job environment within the biotech and pharmaceutical industries and be able to adapt easily to the respective work processes.
- To understand how the forces driving science and business interact in the real world
- To gain practical knowledge and to develop core competencies in order to become more valuable to employers
- To develop key analytical thought processes and learn how to apply them in the industry
- To learn how to work in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural setting where English is the primary language
Skills to be acquired
The Postgraduate Program in Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry will help you acquire the following skills:
- Strategic Thinking: Capability to fully understand and design solutions and pathways for common issues in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, based on the general understanding of the sector provided by the program.
- Critical Analysis: Capability to review, analyze and understand critically potential provided to take decisions and specific actions.
- Decision-Making Problem Solving: Capability to act with empathy and to apply leadership concepts provided to take decisions and specific actions.
- Communication and Negotiation Skills: Capability to communicate effectively with peers, management or potential partners in the sector. Capacity to apply in a real-world negotiation the set of skills learned in the program.
- Teamwork: Capacity to work effectively within a team.
- R&D Strategic Analysis: Capability to understand the issues and implications of a diversified pipeline of projects, taking into account the inherent risks in this industry.
- IP Coverage: Capacity to integrate the relevance and strategic value of IP protection applied to projects in development.
- Understanding Partnerships: Capability to analyze and understand the importance of collaborations of different kinds between companies in this specific sector.
- A Regulated Industry: Capacity to evaluate and understand the deep implications of tight regulations and market access issues in the biotech and pharmaceutical market, which is specific of the sector.
- Project Management: Capability to apply commonly used tools in the management of R&D projects in this sector.
- Personal Branding: Understanding the importance of your personal brand and how to develop and improve it with the objective to advance your career in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 16, 2019