PG Diploma in Healthcare Management and Leadership
Awarded by – Cambridge International Qualifications (CIQ), UK
Study online or part-time from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Nigeria etc.
This PG qualification helps professionals already working in the health care industry or aspire to seek a career in the health care industry. This course is best suited for health care professionals, hospital administrators, managers, supervisors, Medical Practitioners, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Support Staffs at Hospitals, Clinics and Pharmacies to acquire principles for effective Healthcare Management which is essential to the leading hospitals and healthcare companies. The course has a distinct appeal due to the growing demand for trained professionals in the growing Healthcare industry in the region with many international companies moving to the region.
The courses aim to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective manager in the healthcare sector, equipping participants with an understanding of the external context in which healthcare organisations operate, how they are managed, and analytical techniques that can be applied to decision-making processes within the health sector. PG Diploma in Healthcare Management and Leadership is certified by CIQ, UK PG Diploma in Healthcare Management & Leadership.
|Delivery Model||Course Duration||Course Certified By||Course level|
|Onsite/Online||10 weeks||CIQ||7 (PG)|
- Introduction to healthcare management; overview of healthcare organisations structure; healthcare delivery systems; culture, organisational culture, cultural diversity and their influence in healthcare environments; organisational behaviour and work team ethics.
- Understanding the change management principles; models of change management; organisational development in healthcare industries; training of staff.
- How to develop healthcare strategies; developing hospital strategic plans; SMART objectives to implement healthcare plans; international healthcare accreditation schemes; clinical governance.
- What are healthcare quality standards; how to ensure patient safety at all time; prevention of medical errors in the healthcare environment; legal statutory bindings in healthcare safety requirements.
- What is leadership; how is leadership practised in the healthcare industry; marketing principles and their application in healthcare; the difference between leaders and managers; effective and efficient management of a hospital; health technology assessment for healthcare managers; evidence-based medicine for healthcare managers.
- Understand the basic financial terms and definitions; what are assets and liabilities; how to make and read a financial statement; ingredients of healthcare financial management; appraisal techniques; costs, budgets and reports.
*We do not offer legalisation/attestation of the PG Diploma Diploma certificate awarded by CIQ. These qualifications are meant for upgrading the students' knowledge about the programme only.
Established in 2009, The Westford University College is the most trusted executive educational institution in UAE, providing the most flexible learning and affordable programmemes for regular students and working professionals (Perfect ‘Work-Life-Study’ Balance). We provide top-rated MBA Programmemes, Bachelors Courses, Professional Programmemes and corporate training. 5000+ Students, 3000+ Global Students, 34+ Courses, 113+ Nationalities, 16+ Academic Partners, 10+ Years in the Market.
Our Student Base
Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, Lebanon, Namibia, Nigeria, India, Malaysia, Singapore etc.
About the School
Westford University College is one of the leading and prestigious business schools, located in the UAE offering quality educational deliveries across under-graduate, graduate and vocational profession ... Read More