Study for a prestigious Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health by distance learning
The varied curriculum allows you to opt for a broad range of knowledge or to concentrate on specialised areas.
Students of this programme come from diverse backgrounds. Many are health professionals working at a service or policy level, while others wish to obtain public health skills that they can apply to their work in development, community services, government, research or teaching.
By the end of this programme, you will gain:
- the knowledge and skills to contribute to the health of populations, communities and disadvantaged groups.
- the ability to apply the core disciplines of public health (statistics, epidemiology, health
- economics and social research) to real world health problems.
- a deeper understanding of public health issues and an academic qualification that will enhance your career development in health-related fields.
Studying individual modules on a stand-alone basis is an ideal option if you wish to update your professional knowledge or sample the programme. The fee per individual module (core PHM1 modules) is £1,300 but for elective modules it is £1,900. Prestige
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is the leading postgraduate medical institution in Europe in the subjects of public health and tropical medicine. It was crowned 'University of the Year' at the Times Higher Education Awards 2016 for its 'extraordinary' response to the Ebola crisis.
Study materials will be made available via the LSHTM Virtual Learning Environment, Moodle, from the beginning of October and depending on the module, other study materials, for example, CDROMs, study guides or textbooks, will be sent to you at your chosen delivery address either by courier or by post during September. Tutor support is provided through the discussion forums available throughout the academic year on Moodle and, in addition, synchronous Collaborate sessions and individual feedback on assignments will be provided.
Late application fee
Applicants who submit applications on or after 1 June 2017 will be required to pay an application fee of £100 at the point of submission, which will be deducted from the balance of fees payable upon registration. If the application does not result in registration, the application fee will not be refunded. No application fee will apply to applications submitted on or before 31 May 2017.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine has a partnership with the Said Foundation. Available are funding opportunities to Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals.
Structure and syllabus
The PG Cert consists of 4 compulsory core modules (PHM101, PHM102, PHM103, PHM104) plus 2 further PHM1 modules.
You will meet the academic entrance requirement if you have both:
- a minimum of one year's relevant work experience; and
- a first or second class honours degree or the equivalent, in a subject appropriate to the course, from a university or other institution acceptable to the University of London.
Please note we accept qualifications from around the world. APPLY TODAY here
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 26, 2017