The intervention of the Physiotherapist in the community, is in the embryonic stage and presents itself as a growing area of intervention, constituting a window of opportunity for the realization of the skills of Physiotherapists in this area with regard to teaching and promotion health literacy, health promotion, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, requiring specific knowledge and tools.
The goal of this postgraduate course is for the Physiotherapist to acquire competences regarding the political-administrative framework, procedures for the implementation of projects, intervention models, resource management, interpersonal relations and needs assessment, in order to respond to the needs of the community, considering demographic, epidemiological and health services specificities. As well as developing the skills to carry out scientific studies on which intervention and development of projects are based.
In the current context of increasing challenges, this postgraduate program invites Physiotherapists and Reference Teachers, with training and experience in accordance with the objectives and contents taught, guaranteeing the adequacy and updating of the programmatic contents of the different curricular units.
The ECT'S (European Credits Transfer Sistem) obtained in this postgraduate course are in accordance with the norms of the Bologna Process and can therefore be counted in other courses in the future.
To develop and train Physiotherapists in relation to the needs of the population / community, through knowledge of the demographic, epidemiological and health services and human resources of the regions of Portugal, considering current and future challenges regarding demographic, family structures, the labor market and the changing needs of a changing society. This process is framed at the national, political and administrative level of the European Union and the World Health Organization, in particular in the framework of the World Health Organization. Based on this knowledge, the professionals are trained to respond adequately and in an informed way to these needs, promoting entrepreneurial profile and accrediting them for the design and provision of services, execution of projects and development of intervention models of excellence in the community, framed in private and public organizations and institutions or individual private initiative, aiming at promoting continuous improvement of the state health and quality of life of the population.
- To develop skills related to the knowledge of the demographic, epidemiological, health services and health human resources in Portugal at the regional level in order to develop evaluation strategies to identify the needs of the population.
- Develop skills related to the knowledge of the policy and organizational structure of the health system in Portugal, in which the National Health Service is the basis, and its strategic objectives. As well as its framework at European Union and world level, in particular the WHO determinations, in order to develop intervention strategies within the objectives and according to the methodologies required in the political-administrative context.
- Develop competencies related to economic and resource management, namely human resources in order to develop sustainable projects
- Develop entrepreneurship skills, communication, exposure and interpersonal relationships and with organizations, in order to facilitate contact with the organizations, institutions and population involved in the processes and projects of community intervention
- Develop skills to evaluate, construct and implement community projects, according to the existing determinations in the various possible contexts, namely according to the conjunctures and financing opportunities at national and European Union level.
- To develop competencies for the implementation of organizational and intervention models, consistent with the needs and opportunities of health units within the national health system and specifically in the National Health Service, with community intervention, such as: Health Centers and National Care Network Integrated Continuous
- To develop evaluation skills, construction and implementation of projects at the local level, within the scope of local authority bodies, such as Town Councils
- To develop evaluation, construction and implementation skills for projects in kindergartens, kindergartens and schools of different study cycles.
- To develop skills in evaluation, construction and implementation of projects within community organizations, business organizations, companies and autonomous community intervention projects.
- Develop skills to adopt an evidence-based practice, providing research focused on assessment, measurement and intervention.
The Graduate Program is aimed at Physiotherapists who wish to develop skills in the area of Physiotherapy in the Community.
Program taught in: