Official Degree: Degree in Pharmacy
Duration / ECTS: 5 years / 300 ECTS
Places / Campus: 75 / Moncada - Alfara
Taught in: Spanish
- Develop communication and information skills, both oral and written, to deal with patients and users of the center where they perform their professional activity. Promote the capacities of work and collaboration in multidisciplinary teams and those related to other health professionals.
- Recognize their own limitations and the need to maintain and update professional competence, paying special attention to the self-learning of new knowledge based on the available scientific evidence.
- Identify, design, obtain, analyze, control and produce drugs and medicines, as well as other products and raw materials of sanitary interest for human or veterinary use.
- Evaluate the therapeutic and toxic effects of substances with pharmacological activity.
- Know how to apply the scientific method and acquire skills in the management of legislation, sources of information, bibliography, preparation of protocols and other aspects that are considered necessary for the design and critical evaluation of preclinical and clinical trials.
- Design, prepare, supply and dispense medicines and other products of sanitary interest.
- Provide therapeutic advice in pharmacotherapy and diet therapy, as well as in the nutritional and food field in the establishments in which they provide services.
- Promote the rational use of medicines and health products, as well as acquire basic knowledge in clinical management, health economics and efficient use of health resources.
- Identify, evaluate and assess problems related to drugs and medicines, as well as participate in pharmacovigilance activities.
- Carry out clinical and social pharmacy activities, following the pharmaceutical care cycle.
- Intervene in health promotion activities, disease prevention, at the individual, family and community level; with an integral and multiprofessional vision of the health-disease process.
- Design, apply and evaluate reagents, methods and clinical analytical techniques, knowing the basic fundamentals of clinical analysis and the characteristics and contents of laboratory diagnosis reports.
- Evaluate the toxicological effects of substances and design and apply the corresponding tests and analyzes.
- Develop hygienic-sanitary analysis, especially those related to food and the environment.
- Know the ethical and deontological principles according to the legislative, regulatory and administrative dispositions that govern the professional practice, understanding the ethical implications of the health in a social context in transformation.
Royal Decree 1837/2008, of November 8, establishes the basic training necessary to access the professional practice of pharmacist and in article 61 includes activities related to the profession of pharmacist.
Graduates in alt = "Pharmacy can develop their profession in the following fields:
- Public Sector: Administration Laboratories, Hospitals, Town Halls and Faculties
- Private: Laboratories, Clinics, Hospitals and Offices of alt = "Pharmacy
alt = "Community Pharmacy:
- Owner Technical Director
- Technical Director co-owner
- Deputy, substitute, regent
Colleges and General Council of Schools:
- Technicians of the Administration
- Laboratory technicians
- Medication Information Center
- Pharmaceutical Care Technicians
Optics and Audiometry:
- Private sector: own or foreign account
- Private sector: own or foreign account
- Alt offices = "Pharmacy
- Directors and editors.
alt = "Hospital Pharmacy:
- Public Sector: Hospitals and Primary Care Centers.
- Private Sector: Hospitals, Clinics and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Public sector: Ministry of Justice, Health and Consumption
- City Councils
- Private sector: Laboratories
- Technical director
- Director and Control Technician
- Director and Technician in quality control
- Director and Production Technician
- Research and development technician
- Registry Technician
- Purchasing planning technician
- Marketing (Market Analysis, Product Manager, Sales Delegate or Drug Technical Informer)
- Companies (ecotoxicology)
That makes us different?
1. Experience and career
The studies of alt = "Pharmacy in the CEU have started more than 40 years ago. We are backed by several decades of training committed pharmaceutical professionals.
2. Care orientation
A training specially oriented to the care management, in all its dimensions (pharmacy office, hospitals, etc.). This differential character is based on two axes:
- The curriculum, conceived in its structure and development of subjects with a marked orientation towards the patient.
- And the Pharmaceutical Practice Classroom, a pioneering space in Spain that simulates a pharmacy office and in which students interact with real patients and acquire skills in medication management. And all this from the first course.
3. A training bonus connected with employability
We offer you the possibility of pursuing, in parallel to the degree and for free, the Own Title in Office Management of alt = "Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Marketing, which complements your training in one of the main employability areas. You will increase your skills in strategic or financial management, inventory management or marketing planning tools applied to the pharmacy office.
4. A double degree, also connected with employability
In the last two courses of alt = "Pharmacy you can add another compatible degree to multiply your training and your future options:
- Degree in Optics and Optometry
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More