Your career in the pharmacy industry starts here
The New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) - Level 5 is the NZQA approved qualification needed to become a Pharmacy Dispensary Technician. Our course teaches you all of the necessary technical skills and pharmaceutical knowledge to become a Pharmacy Technician and Academy New Zealand is one of the only schools in New Zealand offering this in-demand qualification. There are loads of jobs in New Zealand for qualified Pharmacy Technicians and we are proud to have 93% of our graduates working in the industry.
- Processing prescriptions
- Handling pharmaceutical products
- Advising clients
- Human Biology
Students will undertake dispensary work experience with some of New Zealand’s leading pharmacies and we are committed to assisting graduates into pharmacy careers.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Retail Assistant
- Pharmacy Retail Buyer
- Pharmaceutical Representative
- Manufacturing Pharmacy Technician
- NZ Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Level 5
- NZ Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Pharmacy (Introduction to Pharmacy Practice) Level 3
Applicants need to have one of the following:
- Year 12-13 academic achievement OR complementary tertiary qualification OR demonstration of equivalent skills and knowledge
- International applicants who do not have English as their first language require an English level of IELTS 6.0.
- All applicants will be given a pre-entry assessment to assist with consideration of each application.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
International Student Fees
- First-year Tuition fee: $17,500
- Second-year Tuition fee: $17,500
- Course-related cost: $280.00 for the first year
Dates and details
- Length: 54 weeks
- Location: Wakefield St, Auckland CBD
- Start date: 25 July 2016
Visit our website for 2017 intake dates
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 15, 2018