The doctoral program of Pathobiochemistry and Xenobiochemistry is based on deeper studies of both subjects compared to undergraduate courses, and broadening of the basic knowledge of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Graduate students in this field conduct comprehensive research focused on the biochemistry of pathological states and biotransformation of endogenous substances. They use the methods of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology to carry out their research. Having defended their doctoral theses, graduates will be well qualified to undertake research and highly qualified work in biochemical laboratories and to work as academics in biochemistry or a related field.
Description of verification and evaluation criteria
Content of the entrance examination
- Oral exam from the knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry focused on diploma thesis or future doctoral studies.
- English language exam for English language knowledge assessment (C1 at least).
Additional conditions for the bonus (practice)
- Successfully completed university studies in pharmacy, medicine, biology or chemistry (rated 2 points).
- Previous professional experience (rated 3 points).
- Indication of the supposed training center and the approval of a specific supervisor with the management of the planned doctoral project (rated max. 5 points).
Criteria for the evaluation examination
- Professional knowledge level – reviewed on answers to questions stated in General content of entrance exam (max. up to 10 points).
- Submitted doctoral project – evaluation of project complexity, modern methodological approaches to a solution, and the continuity of the project on topics already discussed by the Subject Area Board (max. up to 10 points).
The minimum admission limit is 20 points.
The Dean decides to accept the applicant(s) who have fulfilled the conditions of the admission procedure and, according to the number of points achieved, ranked in the order corresponding to the predetermined number of accepted applicants for the particular program.
Conditions for admission
Admission to Doctoral studies is conditioned by successful completion of a Master's study program.
|Confirmation date (of entrance exam)
||from: 03.06.2019 until: 28.06.2019
|Alternative date (of entrance exam)
||from: 08.07.2019 until: 19.07.2019