The graduate of Doctoral Studies Bioanalytical Methods is a qualified healthcare professional, specialized in clinical laboratories, laboratories of hygienic services, biochemical, toxicological and hematological laboratories. He gains advanced theoretical and practical experience in instrumental methods of analysis, method validation and accreditation of bioanalytical laboratories. Graduate controls the methods of sample preparation of biological material and analysis and the corresponding instrumentation. The graduate is able to assess the clinical significance of laboratory examinations and the possible interpretation of their results at such a degree and extent that can be the consultant for the selection and use of laboratory methods in their diagnostic, monitoring, therapeutic and preventive activities.
Description of verification and evaluation criteria
Content of the entrance examination
- Oral exam from current instrumental methods used in qualitative and quantitative analysis, separation methods, processing of biological material.
- English language exam for English language knowledge assessment (C1 at least).
Additional conditions for the bonus (practice)
- Successfully completed (degree) university studies in healthcare bioanalytics, pharmacy or related field (rated 2 points).
- Quality diploma thesis with at least partly analytical focus (rated 3 points).
- Indication of the supposed training center and the approval of a specific supervisor with the management of the planned doctoral project (rated max. 5 points).
Criteria for the evaluation examination
- Professional knowledge level – reviewed on answers to questions stated in General content of entrance exam (max. up to 10 points).
- Submitted doctoral project – evaluation of project complexity, modern methodological approaches to a solution, and the continuity of the project on topics already discussed by the Subject Area Board (max. up to 10 points).
The minimum admission limit is 20 points.
The Dean decides to accept the applicant(s) who have fulfilled the conditions of the admission procedure and, according to the number of points achieved, ranked in the order corresponding to the predetermined number of accepted applicants for the particular program.
Conditions for admission
Admission to Doctoral studies is conditioned by successful completion of a Master's study program.
|Verification method:||entrance exam|
|Confirmation date (of entrance exam)||from: 03.06.2019 until: 28.06.2019|
|Alternative date (of entrance exam)||from: 08.07.2019 until: 19.07.2019|
About the School
Charles University, the first university established in Central Europe, was founded by Charles IV, the Czech King and Roman Emperor, in 1348.