- Duration of study (years): 3 years
- Title of studies: Doctoral Degree in Nursing
- Level of Title: Doctorate (3rd Cycle of Studies)
- Language of instruction: Greek
- Study Mode: Full or Part-time PhD
- Minimum European Credit Units (ECTS): 180
The Doctoral Program of Nursing is a qualitative and comprehensive Doctoral Thesis (PhD) program offered by the Nursing program for graduate MSc graduate students who want to explore modern and innovative topics of concern in the field of Nursing Science.
The purpose of the program is:
- Understand students how to find and use the targeted world literature to build on the structure of their study.
- To train students in the processes of theory and practice of research based on specific rules and scientific methods.
- To provide students with the ability to develop the necessary skills to conduct all stages of the research.
- To give students the opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge and develop the skills that can transfer the findings of the study to an academic or other professional community.
Graduates of the program will be able to work in all Health Service structures (Primary, Secondary and Tertiary).
Access to Further Studies
N / A
The minimum number of years for the completion of the Ph.D. degree is three (3) years minimum and maximum eight (8) years. Students who have completed the MSc in Nursing Science or other Health Sciences can transfer up to 10 ECTS for the PhD. In the course of the PhD program, the Code of Good Practice and the regulations for the PhD programs of the University will be respected.
The student must complete 180 ECTS as well as all program requirements.
The minimum required general grade (CPA) is 2.0. Although with the grade 'D-' the course is considered successful, the required average is 'C' to achieve the required minimum general grade (CPA) 2.0.
At the end of the program, students will be able to:
- They collect and formulate research questions and assumptions, designing innovative and innovative research approaches to address scientific issues related to care issues in Nursing Science.
- Design and implement the research protocols required to answer questions of Nursing research.
- They may choose the appropriate methodology and representative material as far as possible according to the research case.
- They critically evaluate, analyze and interpret research data and research from other researchers.
- They take into account the ethical dimension at all stages of the research.
- They support written and oral findings of research with professional ethics and scientific methods.
- They recognize the importance of the protocol trial and justify its choice, with appropriate documentation.
- They understand the application of the findings of their work and know their methodology.
- They make relevant updates in clinical practice based on the results of their investigations.
The University offers scholarships and financial support to undergraduate full-time students (30 ECTS / four months) in the form of academic performance scholarships, financial status, sports scholarships as well as work-study programs on the campus.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.