There is an increasing demand for highly trained public health specialists in Ireland and abroad to tackle major public health issues including health inequalities, communicable diseases, international health development, obesity and smoking. University College Cork (UCC) is meeting this need by offering an online Master of Public Health designed to offer multi-disciplinary academic and experiential development, whatever your professional background.
Our online Master of Public Health will arm you with the knowledge and skills necessary to make a real difference in public health. The programme emphasises the use of evidence-based healthcare and practice, enabling participants to put public health principles into effect in both research and professional contexts.
After completing the programme you will be able to:
- Critically analyse theories and issues related to public health
- Construct arguments around the social, political and economic factors determining the health of populations
- Demonstrate competence in the key underpinning disciplines and theories of public health, including epidemiology and communicable diseases
- Demonstrate enhanced knowledge in specific public health areas, including health promotion, health protection, epidemiology and biostatistics in public health
- Analyse and synthesise evidence and apply it to public health
- Employ a range of appropriate research and analysis methods with confidence and expertise
Why pursue your MPH at UCC?
- UCC is a leading centre of research in a diverse range of public health areas
- A significant portion of MPH graduates successfully submit work for international publication
- Direct contact with multi-discipline public health and epidemiology researchers
- Exposure to integrative research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Coursework has a strong international public health focus
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 19, 2016