The Master degree in Genomics will provide you a comprehensive examination of the principles and applications of genetics and genomics. Throughout this program, you will examine principles of genetics, followed by human disease and clinical applications. You will learn the essential competencies in genetic and genomic education in the health sciences for use in fields like pharmacy, medicine, nursing, social work, ethics, legal, and computer science.
Additionally, you will gain an understanding of the broader genomic content, with evolutionary analyses and population and public health, as well as statistics and computational algorithms used to collect and analyze genomic data in research, industry, and healthcare.
Why Choose USciences Online?
For nearly 200 years, USciences has prepared leaders and innovators in pharmacy, science, healthcare, and related disciplines. Our career-focused online programs and certificates continue this tradition—empowering you to expand your knowledge and your opportunities, all on your schedule.
Offered in partnership within Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, the USciences Online Genomics Master’s program offers:
- A 100% online, flexible, career-focused curriculum
- 12 courses, 36 credits – complete the program in as little as 2 years
- Practical coursework addressing real-world challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and the vast opportunities in the field
- 6 start dates each year
According to The US Bureau of Labor Statistics, job prospects for genetic counselors will increase by 27% between 2018 and 2028. The global genomics market is projected to reach $35.7 billion by 2024, up from $18.9 billion in 2019. Earning your Master’s Degree in Genomics from USciences Online increases your scientific expertise and expands your career possibilities across a spectrum of business, science, and healthcare fields.
Throughout this program, learners will examine principles of genetics followed by human disease and clinical applications. They will cover the essential competencies in genetic and genomic education in the health sciences for use in multiple disciplines to include pharmacy, medicine, nursing, social work, ethics, legal, and computer science. Additionally, broader genomic content with evolutionary analyses and population and public health are addressed, as well as statistics and computational algorithms used to collect and analyze genomic data in research, industry, and healthcare.
Visit the website for specific information on courses.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution;
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5;
- May transfer up to 12 credits of coursework with a 2.5 GPA or better;
Applicants should submit official college transcripts for undergraduate degrees. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
A GRE/GMAT score is not required. A TOEFL/IELTS score is required unless an applicant’s native language is English or they have completed a previous degree at an institution where English was the language of instruction:
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS: 6.5
About University of the Sciences
- Top 10 in the United States for salary after graduation (among colleges and universities with more than 500+ undergraduates enrolled [Dept. Of Education College Scorecard, Oct 2019])
- #1 in the United States for return on investment (ROI) 40 years after enrollment (among private colleges and universities across the country [A First Try at ROI: Ranking 4,500 Colleges, Georgetown University, 2019])
- Lower, fixed tuition–know the full cost from day one until graduation
- Hands-on undergraduate research and experiential learning as early as freshman year
- 7:1 student-to-faculty ratio, personalized attention from expert faculty
- Over 30 academic programs with 60+ student organizations in an urban campus
- Alumni include founders of six of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Founded as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America
- Located in Philadelphia, a major pharmaceutical, medical, technological and business hub
About the School
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on ... Read More