Official Degree: Degree in Nursing
Duration / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
Places / Campus: 120 / Moncada - Alfara; 100 / Elche; 60 / Castellón
Taught in: Spanish
- CG1. Understand the fundamental issues of anthropology and its connection to nursing
- CG2. Be able to analyze historical texts of scientific content
- CG3. Acquire a critical discernment before the moral problems that arise in the exercise of the health professions
- CG4 Know the ethical issues that affect the health field
- CG5 Be able to analyze bioethical dilemmas and conflicts
- CG6 Carry out an analysis and critical interpretation of the main documents of the magisterium of the church referring to the social issue in general and, in particular, to research and health practice.
- CE1. Be able, in the field of nursing, to provide technical and professional health care appropriate to the health needs of the people they serve, in accordance with the state of development of scientific knowledge at all times and with quality levels and security that are established in the applicable legal and deontological norms.
- CE2. Plan and provide nursing care aimed at individuals, families or groups, oriented to health outcomes by evaluating their impact, through clinical practice and care guides, which describe the processes by which a problem is diagnosed, treated or cared for of health.
- CE3. Know and apply the foundations and theoretical and methodological principles of nursing.
- CE4. Understand the interactive behavior of the person according to gender, group or community, within their social and multicultural context.
- CE5 Design care systems aimed at individuals, families or groups, evaluating their impact and establishing the appropriate modifications.
- CE6. Basing nursing interventions on scientific evidence and available means.
- CE7. Understand people without prejudice, considering their physical, psychological and social aspects, as autonomous and independent individuals, ensuring respect for their opinions, beliefs and values, guaranteeing the right to privacy, through confidentiality and professional secrecy.
- CE8. Promote and respect the right to participation, information, autonomy and informed consent in the decision making of the people served, according to the way they live their health - disease process.
- CE9. Promote healthy lifestyles, self-care, supporting the maintenance of preventive and therapeutic behaviors.
- CE10 Protect the health and well-being of the people, family or groups served, guaranteeing their safety.
- CE11 Establish effective communication with patients, family, social groups and colleagues and promote health education.
- CE12. Know the ethical and deontological code of Spanish nursing, understanding the ethical implications of health in a changing world context.
- CE13. Know the principles of health and socio-health financing and use appropriately the available resources.
- CE14 Establish evaluation mechanisms, considering the scientific aspects? technical and quality.
- CE15. Work with the team of professionals as a basic unit in which the professionals and other personnel of the healthcare organizations are structured in a uni or multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary manner.
- CE16. Know the health information systems.
- CE17. Carry out nursing care based on comprehensive health care, which involves multi-professional cooperation, integration of processes and continuity of care.
- CE18. Know the strategies to adopt measures of comfort and attention to symptoms, directed to the patient and family, in the application of palliative care that contribute to alleviate the situation of advanced and terminal patients.
Graduates in Nursing can develop their professional activity in different areas although the degree has a unique profile of nurse responsible for general care, whose functions are detailed as follows:
Assistance Function: Provide nursing care to society
- Hospital Area (Specialties)
- Primary Care: Health Education and Health Promotion
Teaching Function: Teaching Nursing Knowledge
- University professor
- Training of students in Internships
- Training of Health Personnel
- Health Education for Patients and Families
Research function: Concern for the acquisition of new knowledge and its application
- Creation of Nursing Scientific Societies
- Attendance at Scientific Congresses
- Presentation of Works to Congresses
- Participation in Research Groups
- Doctoral Thesis
Manager Function: Participate in the Administration and Management of resources
- Identify Health Systems
- Know the concept of quality assurance
- Manage human and material resources in your work
That makes us different?
1. The profession in the classroom
Because we understand that in order to become a good nurse, you must be in contact with the best professionals first. That is why many of our professors are outstanding nurses and active nurses working in hospitals and health centers.
2. The four doors of employability
- Intensification Program for the EIR preparation: in the fourth year you will be able to participate in our program to start your preparation to become a Resident Nurse Practitioner (EIR). In this way, while you finish your career, you will begin to train yourself to achieve a place in the public health system. Of course, participating in this program to improve your qualification is voluntary and does not imply any additional cost.
- The practices in the center of the study plan: this way we manage to know how to "do nursing" from the first course. Your "know-how" from the first is the way to be in the best conditions to take advantage of external practices. This is the way for you to add value in the centers in which you join in the second year.
- Certificate in Communicative and Assistance Competencies for Nursing (CCAE): experts say that the ability to communicate and manage personal relationships are key to being a leading professional in nursing. Therefore, through our training proposal, you will achieve these competences and we will also certify them through the CCAE.
- The international dimension of nursing: we are constantly increasing the number of international practices in the United Kingdom, Germany and other countries in Central Europe. Do you want to be prepared to work outside of Spain? This is our proposal: Complementary free English training from first to fourth to improve your level.
- Free online training in specialized English for nursing from third to adjust your level to professional requirements.
- Opportunities to perform international nursing practices. A good example is the agreement signed with King's College Hospital in London, whereby our nursing students access to internships and also in advantageous conditions for their personnel selection processes (with a direct pass to the interview).
3. A double pioneer degree, of the specialist in double degrees
You can study a unique double degree in Spain to multiply your training and your options for the future. We offer you a customized itinerary so that you have a different university profile:
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More