Welcome to the HCC Nursing Program Website. The Nursing Program began at HCC in 1970 at the Gordon Keller Campus on Davis Island.
Offered currently at the Dale Mabry, Plant City, and SouthShore campuses, the HCC Nursing Program is a two year, full-time program. Our program is fully accredited and approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing and by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Graduates of the Associates in Science Degree Nursing Program are able to provide direct patient care to patients in hospitals and comparable health agencies.
The duration of the program is four terms for the basic option and three terms for the transition option. The program requires full-time attendance commitment from the student. It offers a competency-based systematic instructional approach and both day and evening clinical experiences are utilized.
*The Nursing Program requires the completion of pre-requisite courses prior to submitting an application. Please see the Prerequisite Requirements Page for the list of courses.
Why Choose HCC Nursing?
- Dedicated, talented, qualified faculty and accomplished students create an environment of learning.
- Affordable tuition.
- Eleven other Health Sciences programs at HCC to learn alongside.
- Full accreditation from Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN; formerly NLNAC).
- Work as a nurse after graduating, and then continue your education with our bachelor’s degree partners. Want a BSN? Start here then go there! Many credits transfer to bachelor’s programs.
- High degree of satisfaction from graduates.
- Diversity of students and faculty contribute to the quality of education.
- Faculty on site when you are doing clinical rotations
- Students receive hands on instruction at all major area hospital and agencies.
- State-of-the-art simulation equipment.
Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program taught in: