Earn Your RN & BSN Degrees at SWOSU
Welcome to the School of Nursing, where we strive to educate nursing graduates to meet the demand for professional practice.
Our graduates are able to:
- Practice nursing in a professional, legal, and ethical manner.
- Analyze comprehensive data and make complex and prioritized decisions utilizing the nursing process.
- Provide a safe environment for clients, self, and others.
- Practice a nursing that is client-centered, caring, culturally sensitive and based on the physiological, psychosocial and spiritual needs of clients.
- Integrate information technology resources into the provision of client care.
- Provide health-related education to restore health and promote optimal wellness.
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to promote continuity of client care.
- Use leadership skills in the management of safe, quality client care. Promote quality improvement by participating in the implementation of care-related plans to improve health care services.
- Use research as a basis for evidence-based nursing practice and clinical judgment.
Several aspects set SWOSU apart from other programs:
- Low student-to-faculty ratios
- More clinical hours than other programs
- A high-fidelity simulation lab
- Expert faculty members who also serve as advisors
- A wide variety of rural and urban clinical experiences in very desirable facilities
Oklahoma Board of Nursing Pass Rates over 10 years by program
Program taught in:
See 1 more programs offered by Southwestern Oklahoma State University »
This course is