Earn Your RN & BSN Degrees at SWOSU
Welcome to the School of Nursing, where we strive to educate nursing graduates to meet the demand for professional practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
Our graduates are able to:
- Practice nursing in a professional, legal, and ethical manner.
- Analyze comprehensive data and make complex and prioritized decisions utilizing the nursing process.
- Provide a safe environment for clients, self, and others.
- Practice a nursing that is client-centered, caring, culturally sensitive and based on the physiological, psychosocial and spiritual needs of clients.
- Integrate information technology resources into the provision of client care.
- Provide health-related education to restore health and promote optimal wellness.
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to promote continuity of client care.
- Use leadership skills in the management of safe, quality client care. Promote quality improvement by participating in the implementation of care-related plans to improve health care services.
- Use research as a basis for evidence-based nursing practice and clinical judgment.
Several aspects set SWOSU apart from other programs:
- Low student-to-faculty ratios
- More clinical hours than other programs
- A high-fidelity simulation lab
- Expert faculty members who also serve as advisors
- A wide variety of rural and urban clinical experiences in very desirable facilities
Oklahoma Board of Nursing Pass Rates over 10 years by program
About the School
Welcome to Southwestern Oklahoma State University--a university known for its quality academic programs and its friendly service to students, alumni, and friends.