About the program
Nurse program provides theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing science. The program is to encompass all aspects of care, additionally provides courses on subjects such as psychological care, nursing research, nursing management, and counseling.
During the study period, students acquire the theoretical knowledge in lectures and demonstrational classroom practices. At the end of the second year, they start their clinical practices. Field practices play a significant role in deepening the acquired professional skills. The last two semesters consist of mainly field practices in clinics.
The nursing degree acquired in our institution is equivalent to degrees earned in other EU countries.
- Level of the program: Bachelor
- Duration of the program: 8 semesters
- Registered in: EU
- Credits: 240
Who should apply?
The program is dedicated to students who plan to pursue a Bachelor of Health Sciences in Nursing in English by completing this four-year long course.
- Application requirements:
- Submitted online application form; Secondary school certificate, a demonstrated proficiency in English (B2 level or equivalent TOEIC, TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, TOEFL CBT, IELTS).
- A written entrance examination and a motivational conversation.
- Start of the program: September of each year
- Tuition fee: 3100 EUR / semester
- Other fees: application fee + entrance exam fee: 400 USD
High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Applicants should be at least 18 years of age in the year of admission to the University (by December 31 in the year the program begins). There is no upper age limit.
- Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities.
- Both oral and written competence in the English language is part of the entry requirements for the University.
- Students who have failed any subject in the final year of their high school studies are not entitled to apply to the English language Medical program.
- Applicants are also eligible to submit their application and sit for an entrance examination if they are in their final year but have not received the School Leaving Certificate or Diploma yet. In this case, applicants must present proof that they are attending high school.
- Applicants are required to sit for an entrance examination.
- Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination:
- GCE A2 levels
- Students are required to achieve grade A in three natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
- IB Diploma program
- Students are required to achieve a grade 4 in two natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics).and the English language.
- BSc Degree Programs
- First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics if studies were pursued in the English language.
- GCE A2 levels
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies (not the originals) of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail only after the acceptance!
- Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalents
- English language competence is tested in the entrance examination.
- At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application.
About the School
The University of Szeged (SZTE) with a history dating back to 1581, is located in the sunniest city of Hungary attracting thousands of young people due to its lively, urban lifestyle and colorful fest ... Read More