This 60-week programme is offered at NZMA's Auckland North Shore, Auckland Symonds St, Hamilton and Christchurch campuses.
What will I learn?
This qualification prepares graduates to start a career in pharmacy. The course encompasses classroom and practical learning, with extensive work placement in the pharmacy industry. There are six modules, with 400 hours of work experience integrated into the programme. In addition to the work experience, students are eligible for a six-week internship arranged by the faculty.
Programme content includes:
• Pharmacy law
• Dispensing processes
• Pharmacy health and over-the-counter medicines
• Advanced dispensing techniques
• Anatomy and physiology
What qualifications will I gain?
• New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 5)
• New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 4)
• New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Introduction to Pharmacy Practice) (Level 3)
This course is available for International students in the following campuses:
- Symonds Street Campus: 23 Jul 2018
- Christchurch Campus: 23 Jul 2018