There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today, with this number expected to rise to over one million by 2025. As an increasingly important issue, it is more vital than ever that health and social care workers are equipped with the skills to understand and support people with dementia. This qualification is aimed at learners who want to develop their knowledge of dementia and dementia care. It’s ideal for learners already employed in the health and social care sector who wish to up-skill.
- Qualification gained: NCFE Level 3 Certificate
- Place of study: Learn from home
- Type of course: Online distance learning course with no exams
- Course duration: 16 to 20 weeks
What topics are covered by the course?:
This course is split into seven manageable units, including:
- Unit 1: Understand dementia
- Unit 2: Understand how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Unit 4: Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Unit 5: Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Unit 6: Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- Unit 7: Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
Who is this course aimed at?
This qualification is ideal for anyone who is currently working within a role based in the health and social care sector and is looking to further their career.
What will the student be able to do on completion?
In gaining an NCFE Level 3 Certificate, learners will have developed an in-depth understanding of dementia and its effects. The course explores the various types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis, as well as focusing on person-centred approaches to dementia care and the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support. This course also covers the use of medication in supporting individuals with dementia.
How is the student assessed?
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of short answer assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available to be revised and edited at any point before submission.
We offer a manageable, interest-free direct debit scheme where payments are split monthly over the duration of your course. Full tutor and customer service support will be provided throughout the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 6, 2017