Hundreds of North Iowa Area Community College graduates transfer to four-year colleges and universities every year. Whether you want to become a teacher, lawyer, engineer, physician, artist or (you name it!), we can get you started. And if you’re unsure about a major, NIACC is a great place to get your feet wet. NIACC offers the first two years toward a bachelor’s degree in virtually any field. The Associate Degree earned provides you with the general education requirements and core courses needed to continue your education as a junior at a four-year school.
Sample Schedule (2-year plan)
- SDV-199 College Essentials 1 s.h.
- ENG-105 Composition I 3 s.h.
- BIO-202 Biology I 4 s.h.
- CHM-166 General Chemistry I 5 s.h.
- MAT-128 Precalculus* OR
- MAT-134 Trig & Analytic Geometry 3-4 s.h.
Total 16-17 s.h.
- ENG-106 Composition II 3 s.h.
- BIO-203 Biology II 4 s.h.
- CHM-176 General Chemistry II 5 s.h.
- PSY-111 Intro to Psychology 3 s.h.
Total 15 s.h.
- PHY-162 College Physics I 4 s.h.
- CHM-263 Organic Chemistry I 5 s.h.
- MAT-156 Intro to Statistics 3 s.h.
- Social Science class 3 s.h.
- SPC-112 Public Speaking 3 s.h.
Total 18 s.h.
- PHY-172 College Physics II 4 s.h.
- CHM-273 Organic Chemistry II 5 s.h.
- Humanities class 3 s.h.
- BIO-186 Microbiology 4 s.h.
Total 16 s.h.
*– Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class. See NIACC catalog for a list of General Education courses.
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AS degree requirements are met with this sample schedule.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language Requirement.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on the entry level of the student.
- MCAT test required before admittance to this program at a 4-year institution, check with the transfer institution you plan to attend for more information.