When our state of health requires it, the first professional meeting is usually a nurse or nurse. This person evaluates our state of health, decides on the procedure to follow in order to obtain a diagnosis and a treatment; She also accompanies us throughout our journey to find health.
More than just looking after us, the nurse helps us to prevent injuries, illnesses and health problems and is on the front line to answer the questions and concerns of the population.
What do we learn?
- The functioning of the human body
- The organization of the Quebec health system and the role of its various actors
- The composition and effects of medications, nursing care and patient treatments
- Different approaches to intervene appropriately with clients, both physiologically, psychologically and socially
Is this program right for you?
- You are passionate about the medical field
- You have a sense of listening, empathy and the ability to establish a relationship of trust
- You have the sense of organization
- You have a spirit of analysis and synthesis
- You can react and make decisions quickly
- You want to have a positive impact in people's lives
"The well-being of others worries me"
Why choose Lévis-Lauzon?
- Practical Laboratory in Nursing
- High-fidelity mannequins simulating various clinical situations encountered in a hospital environment and allowing dynamic feedback that promotes student learning during its practical work
- Cameras for projection of live demonstrations in real time
- Supervision by a nurse technician during laboratory practices
- Internships in hospitals in the Capitale-Nationale and Chaudière-Appalaches regions
- Assessments established according to the criteria and standards of the admission examination of the Ordre des infirmiers du Quebec (OIIQ)
- Computer-Assisted Experimentation (CEA) in Biology Classes
- Possibility of admission to the autumn and winter sessions
- Possibility of doing a humanitarian internship in Haiti or Senegal at the end of the training
- 601-101-MQ Writing and literature
- COM-001-03 Complementary Course 1
- 101-FA7-LL Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- 180-2A6-LL Nursing I
- 180-5A3-LL Work functions
- 350-3A3-LL Human Development and Interactions l
- 387-2A3-LL Living conditions and social problems
- 109-101-MQ Physical activity and health
- 601-102-MQ Literature and Imagination
- COM-002-03 Complementary Course 2
- 101-FB7-LL Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- 180-1B9-LL Clinical Intervention I
- 180-2B3-LL Pharmacotherapy II and Health Problems I
- 350-6B3-LL Human Development and Interactions ll
- 109-102-MQ Physical Activity and Effectiveness
- 340-101-MQ Philosophy and Rationality
- 601-103-MQ Quebec literature
- 101-1C4-LL Aggression and defense of the human body
- 180-1CF-LL Intervention in pediatrics and perinatal care
- 180-2C4-LL Teaching the person and his family
- 340-102-MQ The human being
Choice of 1 out of 2
- 601-FPR-LL Literature and communication
- 601-FTU-LL Tutoring in French
- ANG-COM-MQ English 1
- 180-1D6-LL Health Problems II and Basic Precautions
- 180-1DD-LL Clinical Intervention II
- 387-3D3-LL Social Determinants of Health
- 109-103-MQ Physical Activity and Independence
- 340-PPR-LL Ethics and Politics
- ANG-PRT-MQ Technical English
- 180-1EN-LL Loss of autonomy and mental health
- 180-1FS-LL Clinical intervention III and outpatient setting
- 180-5F3-LL Emergency Measures
- 180-6F3-LL Role according to ethics and values
Trend of placement of graduates
- A shortage of candidates.
- Many graduates continue their studies at the university and more than half of them hold a part-time job related to their field.
- Pass the OIIQ exams
- Schedule 7 days: day / evening / night
- Autonomy and stress resistance
- Speed of decision-making and execution
- Teamwork skills
Conditions of admission
- Meet the requirements for admission to college.
- Have passed the following high school prerequisites:
- Environmental Science and Technology 4th or Science and Environment 4th
- or Physical Sciences 056-486 and 056-430 (or SCP 056-436)
- Students who have not completed Secondary V chemistry are eligible for the program, but will need to complete the course during graduation training.
- Hospital centers of the health and social services network (obstetrics, pediatrics, psychiatry, surgery, medicine, outpatient clinic, emergency clinic, operating room)
- Day and day care centers
- Residential and long-term care centers
- Private clinics
- Insurance companies
Investment rate and salary *
- In related employment: 92%
- Average initial salary: $ 22.00
- Average initial annual salary: $ 43,264
* Source: Provincial renewal of college technical training, 2016 survey
About the School
Le Cégep de Lévis-Lauzon (CLL) est un établissement d’enseignement supérieur public offrant 31 programmes d’études de haute qualité, tant préuniversitaires que techniques.