Our most immersive learning experience can be found in Project London. Project London is a residential course for up to 24 students at any one time. The course provides the essential work experience in our NHS hospital which is a key element needed when applying to medical school. Our NHS doctors also provide expert advice and guidance on how to maximise students’ medical school applications and also run mock interviews with feedback to ensure students are fully prepared for applying to medical school.
Students spend 3 days per week in our NHS hospital. And the student will be able to use the medical simulation suite. These are the same training facilities final year medical students and qualified doctors use for their examinations and training. These professional-level facilities provide students with the chance to gain hands-on work experience. Closely supervised by our qualified NHS doctors the students’ build the knowledge and skills required for them to manage a simulated A&E emergency situation.
Our students also attend university advice and guidance day during their week in Project London. This day provides a detailed analysis of the application process, including university selection, personal statements, UKCAT/BMAT, medical ethics, life as a medical student and the career paths available to a doctor. At the end of this, students will have a detailed knowledge of the application process and will understand how to improve each element of their own application, giving them the best chance of gaining a place at medical school.
The final day on Project London is dedicated to mock university-style Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs). The interview set up and questions are carefully chosen to recreate the real thing as closely as possible, allowing students the best opportunity to practice. Each student receives personal feedback on how to improve their answers and interview techniques.
This Course Is Suitable For:
Students aged 16+ and who are considering becoming a Doctor and students who are applying to Medical School. We accept students from any country.
This Course Includes:
- 3 days of work experience in our NHS hospital.
- Use of the Medical Simulation Suite.
- Teaching from NHS Doctors and UK Medical Students.
- 1-day teaching on University applications and realities of Medical School.
- 1-day mock interviews (MMI style) with feedback.
- Dorm-style accommodation.
- Breakfast and dinner each day.
- Certificate of completion and references.
- Organised evening activities.
This course won “Best Educational Product” 2018
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course students will:
- Gain medical work experience required for the Medical School application.
- Gain hands-on medical work experience in an NHS hospital.
- Develop a genuine understanding of the role of a Doctor.
- Understand how the role of a Doctor fits into the multidisciplinary team in a hospital.
- Learn the medicine behind the most common medical conditions patients present within a UK hospital.
- Be able to take patient history.
- Be able to reflect on your own performance within a teamwork role.
- Be able to manage up to 8 different medical emergencies in the simulation suite.
- Understand how to optimise your personal statement.
- Have developed a framework for analysing a choosing the right medical schools.
- Understand how you perform under pressure.
- Understand how to improve your interview technique and answers.
Our accommodation is based in safe, quiet areas within easy reach of Central London. Our students share single-gender dormitory-style rooms, normally shared with up to 5-6 students.
We have 3-4 accommodation partners which we use depending on students numbers and project dates, so please get in touch with us for exact details of your accommodation. You can see our accommodation partners opposite to give an idea of what students can expect from their time with Medical Projects.
Students are required to meet us at pre-designated meeting points in London. Students will be required to purchase an Oyster travel card for all travel whilst with us which can be organised prior to travel or will be done with the team upon arrival.
Food & Drink
Students are provided with a continental breakfast each morning before heading out for the day. Individual items vary depending on the accommodation but students can expect some of the following; toast, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, butter, jam and other spreads, juice, tea and coffee.
Dinner is included every night during students time with us. Where we eat will vary; sometimes we will eat out at a nearby restaurant, have food prepared at our accommodation, or you may be given a cash allowance and choose your own dinner with a group of fellow students. You will dine on a range of different cuisines, but regardless of where we go there will always be an option that fits students’ dietary requirements.
Whilst learning is our main focus, we also want to ensure students make the most of their time in London and leave with new friends from all over the world!
Our team arrange great social activities for some of the evenings the students are with us. Some of these take place in our accommodation to help break the ice at the beginning of the week, but we also organise some fantastic experiences around the city, which typically include;
- Visits to some of London’s most famous sites
- An evening at Covent Garden
- A scavenger hunt experience
- An optional Friday evening night out to a West End theatre show
Every Medical Projects course is staffed by our own highly experienced staff. We are with the students and on-hand 24/7 to supervise and assist students. All of our staff undergo enhanced DBS checks before joining our courses and we always have at least one fully trained first aider with the group.
Our staff also stay at the same accommodation and we always have a female member of staff on duty at night. Breakfast and dinner are included each day.
7 Reasons To Join This Course
- Join an award-winning course
- Gain Hospital Work Experience
- Students take the role of an actual Doctor
- 1-1 teaching from NHS Doctors
- Learn and practice clinical skills
- Medical School Interview Preparation
- Have fun and meet students from around the world
2 Week Course Dates
- 28th June – 11th July 2020
- 19th July – 1st August 2020
WL* = Waiting List
All courses are paid in two instalments. A deposit is taken to book your space and the balance is paid 90 days before you join us. Course fees below are the total.
- 2 Weeks – £4100
- 2 Weeks – €4555
- 2 Weeks – $5025
- Flights or trains to/from London
- Lunch (approximately £7 per day)
- Visa (if required)
- Oyster Card (approximately £35 per week)
About the School
We are one of the UK’s leading career insight and educational course providers. We offer a range of residential, single-day, and in-school courses that provide students with an unforgettable education ... Read More