The Health Information Management program is designed for students wishing to work as health information practitioners. Students learn the skills and knowledge required to participate in the collection and management of health records. Health Information Managers work in a variety of settings, including acute care hospitals, community care centres, insurance companies, research centres, and health ministries.
The aim of this program is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed as a medical records administrator. These skills include organization and records handing skills, as well as general office skills and front desk operations.
Upon graduation, students are prepared to begin a career as an administrative assistant, hospital unit clerk, medical office clerk, office administrator, file clerk, health records technician, medical records clerk, hospital admitting clerk, or medical receptionist.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or meet the requirements for mature student status;
- Applicants must successfully pass the Vancouver Career College Admissions Test.
- Provide proof of a negative reaction to a TB skin test or a chest x-ray with a note from a physician stating that you are not contagious. Cost will be borne by the Applicant.
- A note from a physician stating that you are mentally and physically able to perform duties normally associated with this field.
- A clear criminal record search. Cost to be borne by the Applicant.
Certification Received - Medical Records Administrator Diploma
This school offers programs in: