The four-year M.D. Program is designed for U.S., Canadian, and other internationalcollege graduates who have completed their pre-medical education and who have obtained satisfactory grades in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English.
Candidates for this program may be accepted after demonstrating a necessary record of academic achievement and after attending an interview with PUMS Admissions Committee.
This program is fully recognized by the Medical Board of California.
The curriculum at PUMS is based on the American M.D. program and follows the American standards of education. The University is recognized by the United States Department of Education and by the relevant student loan providers.
Applicants will be accepted by Poznan University of Medical Sciences only if they:
- Present a college/university diploma or equivalent credentials attesting for completion of a pre-medical program on at least undergraduate level (Bachelor of Science) consisting of a minimum of 650 credit hours (with min. of 100 credit hours for each course).
- Possess a high enough level of knowledge in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology, attested by:
1. Having satisfactorily completed the following courses on academic level:
- General Chemistry (I and II or 1 year, including lab),
- Organic Chemistry (I and II or 1 year, including lab),
- Biology (I and II or 1 year, including lab),
- Physics (I and II or 1 year, including lab),
2. The results of one of the following standardized medical admission tests: MCAT, UKCAT or GAMSAT,
Hold a citizenship different than Polish, or may be of Polish descent and thus hold dual citizenship.
Admission documents required in English, unless stated otherwise:
- Completed on-line application form – printout required to be signed by the applicant upon arrival to Poznań.
- Medical health certificate completed by a physician that includes a chest x-ray report.
- Official college/university transcript(s) – sent directly from the school.
- College or university diploma, at least a Bachelor’s Degree – original or a copy certified by a notary public and, if applicable, a certified translation to English.
- Written proof of English proficiency for candidates who have not completed at least one year of their education in full-time mode in the English language with scores — original or a copy certified by a notary public. The possible document may be any English proficiency standardized test, e.g., TOEFL passed at the following levels depending on the testing mode:
a. Internet-based 75 points
b. Computer-based 203 points
c. Paper-based 537 pointsor IELTS exam passed with no less than 5,5 points,
or a written confirmation from school about a candidate’s proficiency in English.
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
- Three recent passport photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm) taken without head cover, signed on reverse.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members on school letterhead – originals or copies certified by a notary public.
- One of the following standardized tests results taken no earlier than in 2009 – official document in original required or a copy certified by a notary public:
a) MCAT – min. score of 22 points (sent directly from the AAMC via THx system),
b) GAMSAT – min. weighted mean score for Sections I, II, and III of 45 points, with min. of 40 points for each section,
c) UKCAT – min. scores of 2,300 points.
Upon admission to the PUMS program, each candidate must submit the following documents:
- Copy of vaccination records for TB and hepatitis B.
- Proof of health insurance valid in Poland, the EHIC for European citizens.
- Copy of a student visa or other document confirming that the stay in Poland is legal, with originals to be shown to the Dean’s Office employee.
This school offers programs in: