Following the British Society of Echocardiography syllabus, this Cardiac Ultrasound course meets the practical, theoretical and technical demands of a specialized career in healthcare.
Why study MSc/PGDip/PGCert Cardiac Ultrasound at Middlesex University?
Taught by industry recognized experts, this course provides a solid grounding in research methodologies, experimental design, and statistics — delivering all the transferable skills required for a career executing specialist cardiac ultrasound procedures.Following the British Society of Echocardiography (BSE) syllabus, you will be equipped with the advanced theory and practice of cardiac ultrasound and signal processing. With a significant leadership and management component, the course teaches the management, legal and ethical concepts required of leadership positions. Our specialist laboratory, run by experienced practitioners, also houses a wide range of diagnostic equipment that you can access not only during classes but also for independent study and research. This course is designed for healthcare practitioners, including sonographers and physiologists, already working in the field of cardiac ultrasound. However, it is also suitable for graduates, who are interested in a research or an academic career and will provide you with the knowledge and skills required for further study at doctoral level.
- Opportunity to gain expert understanding of the latest scientific laboratory equipment including use of the clinical skills laboratory and echocardiographic machines
- Industry-experienced tutors that are hands-on and supportive — all our teaching staff are involved in research, and many are pioneers in their own field
- Work-based experience that can contribute towards the award
- Suitable preparation for the national examinations in echocardiography
- Free electronic textbook for every module.
About the School
At Middlesex University, our students come first. As a forward thinking, global university, we empower students from all backgrounds by providing the opportunities to discover, shape and develop the ... Read More