The purpose of this master's degree is to train researchers and experts in health sciences in the social, cultural, artistic, economic, political and psychological dimensions of the integral phenomenon of care, in the process of health-illness of the person, family and the community in the different dynamics of the socio-sanitary systems, so that their training enhances and develops health care services, promoting autonomy and quality of life through the development of new instruments in the field of Management of the Socio-sanitary Services.
Health Sciences professionals, especially nurses and physiotherapists, are experiencing a historical moment in recognition of the influence that care has on the results of the clinical process (morbidity and mortality).
When this process is understood as the main objective of health organizations, health organizations and health systems must abandon organizational structures and outdated care processes if the best health services are to be offered with quality results. To do this, it is necessary to apply the results of research in the definition of services and in the provision of care.
Organizations must opt for a service that allows the inclusion of research results with notable effects on the quality of their processes and their results, organizations must take responsibility for acting under a model, which clearly can not be other than that of applying in clinical practice the evidences produced by the research. That is, clinical practice based on evidence as a symbol of daily work for all its professionals.
All professional practice must be research-based and validated by patients, because patients or clients require health care that has been demonstrated to be the best that can be delivered (Raid, 1993).
In short, the aim of this Master is to manage knowledge as a source of R & D & I, train researchers and experts in the health sciences to investigate the social, cultural, artistic, economic, political and psychological dimensions of the integral phenomenon of the care, in the process of health / illness of the person, the family and the community in the different dynamics of the socio-sanitary systems.
The final objective of the Master is to offer training that will enable the promotion and development of health care services and the promotion of autonomy and quality of life with instrumental developments in the field of Socio-Health Services Management. In short, to provide new theoretical and methodological tools for care in a complex and multicultural society, while contributing to improve the health and quality of life of people.
Entry and exit profile
The Master will admit Graduates, Graduates and Diplomates of the Branch of Health Sciences, of the Social and Legal Branch, and those Branches related to the itineraries offered in the Master.
Peril of discharge
Graduates will be trained to investigate, gather and interpret the data in order to provide information that promotes excellence in practice, competitiveness, innovation and development in the socio-health area.
In addition, upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Develop lines of research oriented to the professional exercise and / or to serve as a starting point for the completion of the doctoral thesis.
- Manage the resources within your reach in any socio-sanitary enterprise.
- Participate actively in the planning, development and evaluation of Health Services.
- Develop useful and effective skills for the management and evaluation of care, leading the processes of implementation of methodologies.
- Design and implement intervention programs that allow improvements in the management of care and work units, with a participatory style.
- Provide comprehensive training in the field of Public Health Management, both public and private.
- Coordinate the implementation of a continuous quality improvement program.
- Develop an ability to understand and critically analyze the concepts and methodology of quality management.
- Plan the implementation of health education projects.
- To implement educational techniques in health.
- Supervise educational activities in children, adolescents and adults.
- Identify social demands in groups with different disabilities.
- Assess different disabilities using different techniques and valuation tools.
- Identify the different ways to promote the autonomy of the disabled.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions what the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Ability to lead, direct and coordinate projects in institutions and teams in the field of health care prioritizing time efficiently while meeting quality standards.
- Ability to respond to the needs of the patient throughout the life cycle, family and community with the planning, delivery and evaluation of care programs, in relation to the primary caregiver, family, community and social and health.
- Ability to initiate research projects and define the context and variables involved in a research design.
- Apply the knowledge of the epidemiological method as a scientific procedure to identify the health problems of a community and its possible causes.
- Ability to lead and coordinate institutions and teams in the field of care, prioritizing time efficiently while meeting quality standards.
- Ability to respond to the patient's needs throughout the life cycle with the planning, delivery and evaluation of the most appropriate individualized care programs, along with the primary caregiver, family and other health or social workers.
- Ability to work in a professional ethical context and regulatory and legal codes, recognizing and responding to dilemmas and ethical or moral issues in daily practice and attending to cultural diversity.
- Relevant knowledge of and ability to apply health planning techniques.
- Knowledge about the Ethical Codes and Legislation that regulate the right to health in Spain and Europe.
- Ability to represent and defend the interests of the patient and their family. Within the clinical and community context, the ability to educate, facilitate, supervise and support health care students and other socio-health workers.
- Training in the foundations of health organization management and providing practical tools to achieve leadership skills in the health sector.
- Manage, design and participate in pedagogical innovation programs in Health Education in institutions, both public and private.
- Ability to inform, educate, supervise and maintain effective communication with patients, families and social groups, including those with communication difficulties.
- Carry out health promotion in the population with prevalent problems through the development of different programs adapted to the different population groups, according to levels of physical condition and health.
- To know the principles and methodological techniques in Promotion and Education for Health.
- Evaluate and report on the injuries, sequelae, discomfort, incapacities, etc., that may have a certain person, derived from casual accidents, work, traffic, sports, and diseases caused by both external and internal agents, so that proper repair may occur.
- Analyze legislative, normative, human, material and professional resources available for the management of physical, mental and social disability.
- Ability to generate new knowledge for the development and development of health policies aimed at improving and promoting the well-being and quality of life of disabled, dependent, and end-of-life people and their families.
- Ability to carry out prevention of disability and dependency, health promotion and autonomy of dependent persons, specialized intervention, socio-health coordination, continuity of care and care for caregivers.
- Develop the acquired instrumental skills.
- To know institutions, organizations and companies related to the area of specialization of the Master.
Orientation and tutoring
All new students will have a teacher who will work as a personal tutor. Participating departments will be responsible for assigning tutors. It will be the role of the tutors to encourage in the students the autonomous learning, the participation and integration in the institution and the use of the formative resources. They will also guide the students in the configuration of their own training curriculum and in all their academic decisions. The tutors will also establish guidelines for the organization, coordination and follow-up of tutoring activities.
External internships consist of 24 ETCS credits and must be carried out by those who opt for any of the three training itineraries. The aim is to bring the students closer to the professional and research reality, as well as to put them in contact with different professionals, as a prelude to the expected work placement. Therefore, they will be carried out in different institutions of Public and Private Administrations of Tenerife through specific agreements established for this purpose.
Management and Legislation. Participate in the coordination and direction of teams in the field of care in health institutions and social assistance. Organize and plan in the professional health field by providing and evaluating more appropriate individualized programs of care, together with the primary caregiver, family and other health or social workers.
Education for health. To know the educational practices perspectives of Health Education developed in the Institutions of practices and the pedagogical programs of education for the health. Participate in the management and design of educational innovation programs in Health Education in institutions, both public and private, adapted for different population groups, according to levels of physical condition and health.
Disability. To know the existing resources, new technologies and other supports for personal autonomy developed in the centers and institutions and the techniques that are applied with these valuation instruments aimed at the use of a unified and widely recognized scale. Carry out evaluations and reports of injuries, sequelae, discomfort, disabilities, etc.
The purpose of the Master's Degree is that the student show his / her training in research processes and techniques and be able to communicate the results, by proceeding to:
- Integrate the results of learning in the different subjects of the Master in a work on some aspect of the communication sciences.
- Interrelate the multiple aspects that make up the communication.
- Understand the difficulties that sometimes arise from research on issues related to communication.
- To have implemented different research strategies in communication.
- The final Master's work will be presented in public session and evaluated by a court composed of three master's professors. The evaluation will judge both the form and the methodology and the content of said work, as well as the exhibition and public defense thereof.
For the evaluation of the TFM the following evaluation systems have been proposed:
- Works and projects.
- Oral tests (individual, group, topic-work presentation).
About the School
La Universidad de La Laguna ha ejercido una importante función de liderazgo educativo, científico y cultural en Canarias durante sus dos siglos de historia, impulsando el progreso de nuestra comunidad ... Read More